Most Obnoxious Fandoms

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't need to see furry pictures, but I did actually enjoy that game. Probably because I was terrified of those anamatronic cretins as a kid, lol.
I seriously had to watch some Game Grumps play-throughs to actually get the concept. But yeah... drawing furries of characters designed to kill you based on the darkest of dark parodies is kinda a little... off. Then again, I've accidentally seen some disturbing stuff I don't want to mention, so I shouldn't be too surprised.

But yeah, every fandom has that group that does that sort of Rule 34 stuff. I'd say all together the rule 34 crowd is an obnoxious fandom. Then of course there are the things I accidentally find that are too well done for me to really be creeped out by. I don't know if I should think the high quality stuff should actually be worse, but whatever. I'll say this, though. There's this guy I'd love to watch because he makes funny little Transformers stuff (had a Cosmo crossover with 80's Spacemen from the Lego Movie), but for the most part he draws fetishy things, so I really shouldn't.

There was a time when "moron," "imbecile," and "idiot" were technical terms designating specific intelligence ranges, not insults. I remember when "the R word" was a simple description. There are a lot of terms describing races, religions, etc that started out as normal descriptions and somewhere along the line became pejorative. It's a wonder the NAACP and UNCF haven't changed their acronyms.
Moron is still a slur in Britain for some reason. But it really seems that those words turned into the go tos for every cartoon villain with bad sidekicks... Dr. Robotnik and Skeletor to say the least. The R word's tough because it is indeed a slur, and yet it really feels like the F word of saying something is horribly stupid. Like something you say when you're really, really angry. As far as I go, I'm on the fence about bannishing it completely or taking the word back to mean only the cuss word version of it without the slur part. That's a decision not up to me.

But I wouldn't doubt if the Titans are kinda supposed to be... the writer of that one has...well... crazy freaking views. Like when he said the weaker, more emotional guy was a girl. Joking aside, you wonder what context that's supposed to be in. Still like my Titan, though.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Moron is still a slur in Britain for some reason. But it really seems that those words turned into the go tos for every cartoon villain with bad sidekicks... Dr. Robotnik and Skeletor to say the least. The R word's tough because it is indeed a slur, and yet it really feels like the F word of saying something is horribly stupid. Like something you say when you're really, really angry. As far as I go, I'm on the fence about bannishing it completely or taking the word back to mean only the cuss word version of it without the slur part. That's a decision not up to me.

But I wouldn't doubt if the Titans are kinda supposed to be... the writer of that one has...well... crazy freaking views. Like when he said the weaker, more emotional guy was a girl. Joking aside, you wonder what context that's supposed to be in. Still like my Titan, though.
The F word is actually slang in Britain for a cigarette which I think some people still use.

Yeeeaaaahh, I heard about the writer and his...*ahem* views. I was so shocked when I found out. Sure, his stories are intense so I guess it shouldn't have but I always got the impression from the show was that war is a terrible ordeal to go through but your still had to keep moving. Turns out it was pretty much the complete opposite view!

And the supposed symbolism and inspiration of Mikasa's kidnapping and her parents' killing? Yikes!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The F word is actually slang in Britain for a cigarette which I think some people still use.
Wow, really? Amazing how one word can have a completely different context in different corners of the world; I understand the word "spunk" is considered a dirty word in the U.K., while in the U.S. it's pretty much the same as saying somebody has guts.

Slackbot

Reaction score
When visiting my mother in England, I mentioned in front of guests that if my little sister (then just pre-teen) was annoying me I'd just tell her to get her fanny out of my room. Her guests were horrified. Later I learned that "fanny" was not a term you used when speaking of your little sister. *cough*

Eyeball

Reaction score
Wow, really? Amazing how one word can have a completely different context in different corners of the world; I understand the word "spunk" is considered a dirty word in the U.K., while in the U.S. it's pretty much the same as saying somebody has guts.
Oh yeah that F word, It gets used ALOT! Especially when I'm smoking in the street and someone wants one, I guess its just easier, as for spunk, haha yeah its meaning over here is rather sketchy, but it does make for good laugh when it crops up on an american sitcom XD

Harleena

Reaction score
JELSA! (Jack FrostxElsa) I'm sorry, it's not the pairing itslef it's just they're too different. Jack is enternally 18, dead, and reckless. Elsa's 21 and can age, alive, and nervous. Not to mention that Disney made a gusty move NOT giving Elsa a love interest! The only other time they did that was Quasimodo.
Random Disney fans:Hunchback II?
Me:I deny the existence of that movie.
They did it again with Big Hero 6. And Merida had no love interest, except she was technically from Pixar. I also hate Jelsa.

Harleena

Reaction score
Oh yeah that F word, It gets used ALOT! Especially when I'm smoking in the street and someone wants one, I guess its just easier, as for spunk, haha yeah its meaning over here is rather sketchy, but it does make for good laugh when it crops up on an american sitcom XD
Wait, you're British? Wow, I have friends all over the place! I just learned that another one of my friends on here was German…

Eyeball

Reaction score
Wait, you're British? Wow, I have friends all over the place! I just learned that another one of my friends on here was German…
Ha well technicaly no, I'm French/Irish, I've just lived over here the past 18 years.