Most Obnoxious Fandoms

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Wow, really? Amazing how one word can have a completely different context in different corners of the world; I understand the word "spunk" is considered a dirty word in the U.K., while in the U.S. it's pretty much the same as saying somebody has guts.
When visiting my mother in England, I mentioned in front of guests that if my little sister (then just pre-teen) was annoying me I'd just tell her to get her fanny out of my room. Her guests were horrified. Later I learned that "fanny" was not a term you used when speaking of your little sister. *cough*
Heh, now I'm reminded of this old MikeJ video. (Bit of language on this one)

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Which brings to mind this little exchange from MTI:

RIZZO: I think it's some kind of a blind being.
GONZO: I think they prefer, "Visually challenged being."
Think they actually said "blind/visually challenged fiend" (since the character in question was a villain). Then again, I haven't watched that movie in forever....

Drtooth

Reaction score
The F word is actually slang in Britain for a cigarette which I think some people still use.
I kinda meant the other F word. The one that isn't a slur, but still gets bleeped out on adult swim shows (the S word has become freed up, and that's awesome). As far as the other one goes, it's actually the name of a food. It's kind of like a meatball or something. I just can't remember the name of the company that put out frozen ones I saw commercials for once. But if you drop your maturity level, they're almost the most bizarrely inappropriate thing to laugh at you can think of.

As for the thing about crossover pairings, they can be cute as long as the fan girls aren't insanely obsessive. And since they are, they're not cute.

Eyeball

Reaction score
I kinda meant the other F word. The one that isn't a slur, but still gets bleeped out on adult swim shows (the S word has become freed up, and that's awesome). As far as the other one goes, it's actually the name of a food. It's kind of like a meatball or something. I just can't remember the name of the company that put out frozen ones I saw commercials for once.
Mr brains by any chance? They taste horrible and are kinda gristly

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yep. And it takes a muster of complete maturity not to laugh at that.

One that I am unfortunate to not have. And I feel terrible about it.

Eyeball

Reaction score
You should see what they look like out of the packaging... Ick! I used to eat them all the time when I was younger, tbh I was kinda harsh on them they aren't that bad tasting, the texture though is like yuck.