Most Obnoxious Fandoms

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
The Muppet fandom can't write an original fan fiction.
Slackbot, Ruahnna, WebMistressGina, Newsmanfan, Charlietheowl, Kristine73.

These are wonderful fanfic writers who write good, entertaining and engaging Muppet and Fraggle Rock fanfiction. I cannot recommend them enough. Sure, the stories aren't always original but it's still good. Besides, the Muppets have technically told the same story twice with It's a Very Muppet Christmas and the 2011 movie (as much as we like to pretend the former never happened).

IalsoconsidermyselfprettygoodatMuppetfanfictoo*ahem*

Drtooth

Reaction score
It really sucks the fangirls ruined Hetalia. I'm one of those who loves that series for the reason it was created. As a subversive parody of countries and their relationships and how their historical, cultural stuff winds up screwing everything up and creating idiotic national incidents. The characters are supposed to look like vapid bishonen for the reason of showing how insanely stupid these cultural kerfuffles that cause war really are. And Funimation's dub brings it tenfold. It's like the point of the show is lost on a fanbase that only likes them cuz they look pretty. And that's the kind of thing that can harm the integrity of a series.

That said, about anime in general, I hated when fangirls chided me for liking Ultimate Muscle cuz the characters are "ugly" (despite the fact fangirls started to flock over and cuddle up to Mars and Jaegar... and Japanese fangirls loved Brocken Jr. for years). DUDE! You do not watch animation based on attractiveness. You watch it based on humor, writing, animation, and whatever. That's why anime fans who actually watch the stuff and search for the obscure, more fun ones get ignored and the whole genre is plagued by girls and guys who only like how hot characters are.

And Fujiko Mine is much hotter than any Moe character anyway.

Harleena

Reaction score

These are wonderful fanfic writers who write good, entertaining and engaging Muppet and Fraggle Rock fanfiction. I cannot recommend them enough. Sure, the stories aren't always original but it's still good. Besides, the Muppets have technically told the same story twice with It's a Very Muppet Christmas and the 2011 movie (as much as we like to pretend the former never happened).

IalsoconsidermyselfprettygoodatMuppetfanfictoo*ahem*
Hmm. I'll have to check them out. I'm also guilty of some self-insert fics.
It really sucks the fangirls ruined Hetalia. I'm one of those who loves that series for the reason it was created. As a subversive parody of countries and their relationships and how their historical, cultural stuff winds up screwing everything up and creating idiotic national incidents. The characters are supposed to look like vapid bishonen for the reason of showing how insanely stupid these cultural kerfuffles that cause war really are. And Funimation's dub brings it tenfold. It's like the point of the show is lost on a fanbase that only likes them cuz they look pretty. And that's the kind of thing that can harm the integrity of a series.

That said, about anime in general, I hated when fangirls chided me for liking Ultimate Muscle cuz the characters are "ugly" (despite the fact fangirls started to flock over and cuddle up to Mars and Jaegar... and Japanese fangirls loved Brocken Jr. for years). DUDE! You do not watch animation based on attractiveness. You watch it based on humor, writing, animation, and whatever. That's why anime fans who actually watch the stuff and search for the obscure, more fun ones get ignored and the whole genre is plagued by girls and guys who only like how hot characters are.

And Fujiko Mine is much hotter than any Moe character anyway.
I like Hetalia because it's funny, not just because the characters are hot (but they are, and so are the characters of Black Butler. And also Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon). I wish the fandom would stop being so stupid. France is NOT a…you know what I mean. I don't like saying that word. And the girls are not b*tches or sl*ts. The show isn't about yaoi, it's about what you said.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thank you. Your check is in the mail. :wink:

Seriously, every fandom I've been in has had a lot of slapdash, first-draft-if-that fanfic that is not worth reading, because there are those who think that words in a row equals literature. And then there are those who write stories because they have stories to tell, who put a lot of time and skill (and talent!) into their works and craft something truly worth reading. If you believe that there is no good, original fanfic in the Muppet fandom, I don't think you've looked very hard.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like Hetalia because it's funny, not just because the characters are hot (but they are, and so are the characters of Black Butler. And also Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon). I wish the fandom would stop being so stupid. France is NOT a…you know what I mean. I don't like saying that word. And the girls are not b*tches or sl*ts. The show isn't about yaoi, it's about what you said.
Exactly. In fact, funniest thing I can say about watching Hetalia? It helped me to get a joke in the third Madagascar film that I was the only one in the theater who laughed. It went over the heads of the adults. The bit about how French workers go on strike a lot. They made an allusion to that in M3. I wouldn't have got that without Hetalia. I'd call it the Japanese equivalent of Histeria!
You can learn a lot from it when it actually explains something accurately.

Seriously, every fandom I've been in has had a lot of slapdash, first-draft-if-that fanfic that is not worth reading, because there are those who think that words in a row equals literature. And then there are those who write stories because they have stories to tell, who put a lot of time and skill (and talent!) into their works and craft something truly worth reading. If you believe that there is no good, original fanfic in the Muppet fandom, I don't think you've looked very hard.
That's right. Bad fan fics and fan arts plague every fandom. One isn't special because they're all like that. Same with X-rated pieces. You can find disturbing fan art of anything, and even then it's the low minority that actually likes it. Even the well done ones. Which, frankly are more disturbing.

Harleena

Reaction score
Thank you. Your check is in the mail. :wink:

Okay, so maybe it was a bit of an exaggeration. I'm just saying.