Most Touching Muppet Moments

unclematt

Reaction score
I was just watching The Muppet Christmas Carol and a certain scene in the movie made me want to start this thread.

At the end of the movie where Scrooge gives his donation to Bunsen and Beeker, Bunsen says thank you I just wish we had something to give you, at which beeker takes off his scarf and gives it to Scrooge. I got to tell you I teared up for a second.:confused::eek:

I am sure there are several of you out there with similar Muppet moments. I would love for you all to share because I look forward to tearing up every time I read one.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I always found Fozzie and Rowlf hugging in Saying Goodbye to be a really touching. Of course, Saying Goodbye usually has me in tears anyway by this point, but their hug was just so...I don't know, huggy? I loved it.

unclematt

Reaction score
I always cry during "Saying Goodbye". What a great song.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think one of the most touching Muppet moments, is from the Muppet's Celebration of 30 Years, where Fozzie gives tribute to Kermit the "Frog of his heart" and they all gather around. Never a watching occurs that I don't get a tear in my eye at that point. "He's right, Kermie..."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Muppets Take Manhattan pretty much has the monopoly on touching moments, hehe.

One of my favorite moments has always been when Kermit's reading Scooter's letter and you hear "Together Again" in the background. "Have you sold the show yet? Have you heard from the gang?" :wink:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
The most touching moments for me was in the 30 year anniversary show, all the Muppets in the end sing Rainbow Connection, that's probably the only time I'll see that happen and it's so wonderful that many Muppets, not just from The Muppet Show, know the song.

Also, when they sing Just One Person in "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson" honoring Jim and Kermit comes to watch and listen, that is also a real wonderful moment in Muppet history.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Ever since that special i can not hear "Just One Person" without tearing up - doesn't matter if it's the Bernadette Peters version or even a non-Muppet version.

If we can include Sesame, the song "One Small Voice" also gets me watery every time too.

unclematt

Reaction score
Of course include Sesame Street

Which brings me to the death of Mr. Hooper. When they told Big Bird that "Mr. Looper" wouldnt be back I remeber thinking to myself that this was groundbreaking television. Of course I didn't see it when it originally aired but you didn't have to. You could watch it today, over 25 years after the original air date and it still is as emotional and prevelant as it was back then.

BEAR

Reaction score
I was just watching The Muppet Christmas Carol and a certain scene in the movie made me want to start this thread.

At the end of the movie where Scrooge gives his donation to Bunsen and Beeker, Bunsen says thank you I just wish we had something to give you, at which beeker takes off his scarf and gives it to Scrooge. I got to tell you I teared up for a second.:confused::eek:

I am sure there are several of you out there with similar Muppet moments. I would love for you all to share because I look forward to tearing up every time I read one.

I've always loved that moment too! It gets me choked up everytime. I love the comedic element in there too with the fact that Beaker's scarf is waaaay too small for Scrooge. It's Muppet brilliance!

unclematt

Reaction score
I've always loved that moment too! It gets me choked up everytime. I love the comedic element in there too with the fact that Beaker's scarf is waaaay too small for Scrooge. It's Muppet brilliance!
I am glad we share that Muppet Moment.:smile: