Most Underused Muppets?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker

The 80's got ruined or your vhs? I would have to agree, the 80's got ruined in the late spring of 1990. As for your tape, ack! Someone get this kid a replacement copy! I consider M@WDW one of the finest, coolest Muppet things ever right under Muppet Family Xmas and Muppets Take Manhattan(oh and the JHH)
i'm keeping my copy...YOU CAN'T GET IT FROM ME! OVER MY DEAD BODY!

Sarah

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i think another underused character would be dr. teeth. the only thing he did on the muppet show was sing songs. he was back stage sometimes and even did a few skits here and there but he was diminshed to only singing or playing songs. he still hasn't said anything other than shalom in muppets from space. he's been in all of te muppet films, the muppet specials, and even uttered a huh in the muppet christmas movie back in novemeber, but dr. teeth has also been wasted.

what is it about jim hensons characters that the henson people just don't want to use. they use richard hunts beaker and sweetums(sometimes), and statler, and we got a good part of scooter and janice finally said some stuff in the christmas movie, but jim hensons characters particually rowlf and dr. teeth seem to be fading in the background......

bottem line: just like rowlf, dr. teeth, who could have become a major character, has been reduced to cameo roles...

ryan

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Crazy Harry - hilarious. love him. i've only seen him a few times in the Muppet Movie, and once in Great Muppet Caper and VMMCM.....

Pops The Doorman - only seen him in Muppet Christmas Carol and Great Muppet Caper, and sort of in VMMCM, and MFC

Beauregard - only heard him speak in the Great Muppet Caper.

Thog - Only seen him in the Alice Cooper "School's Out" clip i downloaded

Link Hogthrob - never even heard him speak at all...

Seymour (he wasnt even in VMMCM or MFS) - i used 2 love him when i was in 4th grade when I'd watch Muppets Tonight every week. but i havent seen him since........so in my opinion, that so called elephant should be in more muppet movies and continue on as Pepe's partner!

Lew Zealand - because he throws boomerang fish. he throws the fish and it comes back to him.

Lewis Kazagger - idk why...he's just cool

Bobo The Bear - cuz he makes me laugh so hard my gut hurts!!!

jediX

Reaction score
I wonder whatever happened to Leon... Any of the 'Land of Gorch' characters from SNL would be interesting to see again. And I can't recall ever seeing that yellow trumpet player from the Dr. Teeth band after the Disney World special. Does this guy even have a name?

And the Koozebanians?!?! Where did those guys go?!

By the way, I've spotted Thog a couple other times...he's also in the Muppet Valentine Show dancing with Mia Farrow. It's quite disturbing to watch......

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
By the way, I've spotted Thog a couple other times...he's also in the Muppet Valentine Show dancing with Mia Farrow. It's quite disturbing to watch......

What's disturbing about that? I think it's cute, in my biased, pro-Thog opinion.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

jediX

Reaction score
Well, the Thog part wasn't really the disturbing part...mostly the furry green guy with the long nose guy who eventually became that coffee-addicted 'Nigel' guy on Muppets Tonight blathering on about how he is in love with Mia Farrow was the part that most creeped me out. lol

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Droop said he was in love with Mia Farrow or Nigel? It wasn't Droop, not in the copy I have.

They're not the same character, just the same basic design. I actually started thinking of a plot where Nigel was Droop's son, the complete opposite of his father and thus there's some tension and disagreement between them.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole