Moulin Scrooge

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Seeing Jamie's cool Moulin Scrooge menu reminded me that I never posted my thoughts about the inclusion of that bit from the Merry Muppet Christmas. It was kindof spooky but a couple days before the special that it would be cool if the Muppets did their version of "Moulin Rouge". Of course I had in my mind Piggy as Satine, Kermit as Christian and I was thinking Fozzie should be Zidler....and then it happened! I think they should do a full length version though.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hey Doc,

I did the same thing, but it was quite a while before "IAVMMMUCUGMAFAMDSFMMMCC" came out. It was very cool to see them do it, even down to Robin as the Green Fairy and all of the penguins, can-can dancers, etc. I liked it a lot. Then again, I like "Moulin Rouge" a lot.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Yeah, Moulin Rouge is one of my favorites as well. I was planning on being Harold Zidler for Halloween but that fell through as I didn't really look hard enough for a suit like his. Oh, and that could be cause I don't have enough money! That's right! (You'll have to excuse me. I just came home from what I laughingly call employment).

I thought the inclusion of the penguins gave it a lot of class as they were all ready dressed up.

Salmoto

Reaction score
Ah yes, the short series of lines in that scene gives me hope that the Henson company is still "Keepin' it Real"

Robin: Hi, I'm the green Fairy.

Kermit: What are you doing in my drink?

Fozzie: The Backstroke! aaAAAAH!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Moulin Rouge is one of my favorites too. I was thrilled to see them include a satire of it. And it was perfectly cast, too.

"IAVMMMUCUGMAFAMDSFMMMCC" is a tounge-in-cheek abbreviation for It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie. The joke is that the abbreviation for the movie is nearly as long as spelling out the movie itself. The real abbreviation is, of course, "IMVCACCRAFAATAGFSGRTGAGGEGTATGNTEANGMMCCCVVWCCC."

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Yes, the abbreviation for it was getting somewhat out of hand. Why not just call it MCM as in Muppet Christmas Movie? Or is there something else with those initials?

Speaking of perfect casting if they were to have rounded out the cast who could've played the Duke and the Argentinian? Maybe the creepy Muppet from the Vincent Price episode of TMS could play the Duke (you'll have to forgive me for not knowing his name. I only have enough room in my head for every character to ever appear on Bewitched .):stick_out_tongue:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
The creepy Muppet that you're thinking of is Uncle Deadly, and he would capture the Duke's creepiness. But he's also stuffy and comical, which would fit Sam better. The Argentinean -- well, Pepe might be funny in that role, but Sweetums would make a bigger fall when he passed out! LOL!

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
"It's a little bit funny...." but right after I posted that question I asked my sister who is also a big fan of the Muppets and Moulin Rouge who she thought should play the roles and she suggested Sam for the Duke. I think Pepe would be great for the Argentian.

Yes, Sweetums needs to be in the movie. He can play Chocolate, you know the guy that conks the Duke on the head.

Someone call Henson and tell the we want a full version "Moulin Scrooge"!