Movable Eyebrows

MuppetLabsBoy

Reaction score
Hello.
I'm currently building a monster hand puppet. I want the eyebrows to move, but I don't know how. Does anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks,
MLB:smile:

practicecactus

Reaction score
Short answer; it's the same as an eyeblink mech really.
Long answer; but the specifics of the mechanism are wholely dependant on the design, positioning on the brow and what your own personal tastes. Do you want the inner points to move up and down and have the outer ends stay in the same spot? Do you want them both to move up and down as a whole? Do you want it to be moved by a ring on some string? Do you want a lever? Do you want it moved by a finger inside the head or some external activation?
Personally, I like to experiment and work out the simplest, most efficient, ergonomic design for mechs. For example after much engineering problem solving, I made this eyeblink. I've never really found someone else's mechanism to be what I want, but it's a good bouncing off point for my own ideas.

PlaySoup

Reaction score
Mechanisms

Guess what gang! Dave Privett has just finished his 3rd DVD in the series of building videos. the first was: Sketch to Show: Patterning a Puppet, the second was Skecth to Show: finishing a Puppet, and NOW the third is Sketch to Show: building Mechanisms. On here you WILL find his eye blink and his eyebrow mechanisms. It was shown att eh puppetry festivals during the summer and now is available at www.playsoup.com

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Guess what gang! Dave Privett has just finished his 3rd DVD in the series of building videos. the first was: Sketch to Show: Patterning a Puppet, the second was Skecth to Show: finishing a Puppet, and NOW the third is Sketch to Show: building Mechanisms. On here you WILL find his eye blink and his eyebrow mechanisms. It was shown att eh puppetry festivals during the summer and now is available at www.playsoup.com
I'd love to get the video! I have the first two already but I can't find where on the website you have it to order? I can't find it anywhere on the website.

MuppetLabsBoy

Reaction score
Thanks guys,
I wound up just making moving eyelids so that I didn't have to cut up the antron that I put on. Once again, thanks.
-MLB:smile: