Movie theater intros

Xerus

Reaction score
One thing I really love about going to the movies are those neat movie theater intros before the feature presentation starts. They usually come up with creative and cosmic ways to tell us about movie etiquette and advertise snacks and drinks. Here's a neat one from Regal Cinemas they played during the 90's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3_xMBFjqQ4

RedPiggy

Reaction score
In terms of the "manners" ones, I always liked the "fake movie getting interrupted"-style ones. However, in terms of just stuff to show before a movie, the best thing was THX's (was that them?) Simpsons clip. I get a chuckle every time I think about it.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I adore the SS ones! I can't really sit through the ones they have today. I kinda like the "Movies don't interrupt you" one, but not when the theater plays it twice in a row.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Didn't Sesame Street do an intro for some theaters in the 90's?

Drtooth

Reaction score
What about those UGLY cheap ones they have at smaller theaters with CGI animation that look like it came right out of the early 90's (maybe even 80's) and mechanically tell you "don't put feet on chairs" "Shut off Cel Phones" "buy food at the lobby" all in very boring timed ways?

My favorite besides the Sesame Street ones had to have been AAAH! Real Monsters one I saw once. Can't even remember which movie or how exactly it went... but trust me, there was an AHH! Real Monsters intro.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I loved the SS bits. My favorite had to be the "Brief History of Cinema" skit hosted by Cookie Monster. I would always crack up when the giant rock chased after the SS Muppets at the end.

:insatiable::super: