Movies that should have been on MST3K

• Thread starter Philo and Gunge
  • Start date
P

Philo and Gunge

I was just thinking about MST3K and what movies the didn't show on it and should have shown. I think they should have shown:

Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Leonard Part 6
Exorcist II: The Heretic
Big Bird in China

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I can think a good number of awfull horror movie released over the past years would work. Of coarse, most of todays films would have to be heavily edited for TV standards.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I remember reading that the MST3K people had bought the rights to use "Batman Forever" and "Batman and Robin," but only when WB decided they'd made as much money from them as they could. Sad to say we may never see these films torn apart by the MST gang...

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
The first one that came to my mind was "Return to Oz". There are TONS of scenes and characters in this just waiting for the MST3K gang to poke fun at: the wheelers, Jack Pumpkin, Tick-Tock, the scene with all the screaming heads, etc. I like the movie, but it's perfect for that kind of thing.

Also, "Jack Frost" would be a good MST3K film as well. I'm not talking about the Michael Keaton one (though that might be funny too) but a hilarious low-budget horror moive about a killer snowman--yes, a killer snowman. A few of the scenes are a little graphic, but this is HYSTERICAL to watch with a group of friends. There's a sequel too that is even more low-budget.

anathema

Reaction score
A few months ago, I found an online MST3K script (fan-written, I believe) for "Return of the Jedi". Sadly, it was incomplete, and as I can't find it now has probably been taken down.

ObMuppetReference: the scene where Jabba's little creature is picking Threepio's eyes out, and gets blasted to the ceiling by Artoo: the creature jabbers indignantly at the two droids, at which point one of the MST3K three translates: "Yes Gonzo - *I* am your father!"

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
I'm in shock, you mean "Plan 9 From Outer Space" HASN'T been on MST3K? They're slipping! :eek:

I was reading over the other suggestions, and I think they are GREAT! :zany:

Does anyone one remember what movie they had on (this has been at least a year or two ago) where this "huge" dragon/monster/whatever was attacking a town. It was in the 50's. These boys were in the diner and talking about drag racing, well the local police officer walks in and his line was "Ok, boys, now you know...............no dragging" And one of the MST charactes said "Oh, and I just bought those new red pumps too!" Hubby and I laughed our tails off! We still use that line once in a while. Our friends don't know what it's from, nor do they know what we are taling about so they just looooooook at us.

Jennifer12

Reaction score
How about TV shows?

I can think of a few TV shows that would be great on MST3k. First of all Jag. That show just cries out for sarcastic remarks. Then how about 90210, or the old Batman?

Jen

RubberDucky

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I remember reading that the MST3K people had bought the rights to use "Batman Forever" and "Batman and Robin," but only when WB decided they'd made as much money from them as they could. Sad to say we may never see these films torn apart by the MST gang...
ha! "Batman and Robin" would have been great, because every other line in the script is Arnold yelling some pun about cold/ frozen stuff. "ICE to see you Batman!" "Sorry to give you the COLD shoulder!" etc. etc.

Movies that MST3K should have done.......four words come to mind: "Dude Where's My Car." That movie was so awful it almost makes fun of itself. "Castaway" with Tom Hanks might also be good.....lots of silence to be filled with funny comments

RubberDucky

Reaction score
dmx10101 said:
What is MST3K??
"Mystery Science Theatre 3000"...it used to be on Sci-Fi channel, they would play old crappy movies and these three characters (2 puppets and a human) would make jokes about how bad the movie was