Movies that should have been on MST3K

• Thread starter Philo and Gunge
  • Start date

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
RubberDucky said:
ha! "Batman and Robin" would have been great, because every other line in the script is Arnold yelling some pun about cold/ frozen stuff. "ICE to see you Batman!" "Sorry to give you the COLD shoulder!" etc. etc.
Yup. Actually, that's what my brother said after the movie--he was disappointed that the only cold pun that wasn't used was "Ice to see you." Maybe they would have had to pay the Simpsons writers for the line...

P.S. MST3K is Mystery Science Theater 3000, a show that ran on Comedy Central and Sci-Fi channel. It featured a human and two robots relentlessly (and hilariously) mocking the horrible movies they were forced to sit through.

crazy ernie

Reaction score
Cat in the Hat
The animated Lord Of the Rings by Rankin Bass and Ralph Bakshi
AI:Artificial Intelligence(that was one of the most depressing sacks of cr@p I've had to sit through.)

dmx10101

Reaction score
Hmm, I think I remember seeing that show a couple of times.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
crazy ernie said:
The animated Lord Of the Rings by Rankin Bass and Ralph Bakshi
Aw, I like the Rankin and Bass one... I mean, compared to Jackson's it's pretty pale, and Gandalf says "festering malignancy" one (or three) too many times, but there's still some really good stuff in there. Roddy McDowall, and that great music, especially at the end... :halo: Almost as powerful as "Into the West." I'm with you all the way on Bashki though! :grouchy: :boo:
Erin

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I don't know if any of you have ever seen some old movie called the tingler. I saw parts of it with my mom once and we just thought it was so MST3k. The tingler which was supposed to be the scary creature looked like some little rubber toy. It was hillarious.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Perfect MST3K fodder: Double Dragon: The Movie.

--Klonoa
Another $3 DVD purchase.

RubberDucky

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I'm with you all the way on Bashki though! :grouchy: :boo:
Erin
aww. why so hard on Bakshi? I agree that his Lord of the Rings attempt was nothing incredible, but I find him interesting from an animation standpoint. He's got a distinct style, and has had his hand in crazy films like Fritz the Cat and Cool World. His subject matter isn't always all-ages appropriate, but he can do some intriguing stuff.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
RubberDucky said:
aww. why so hard on Bakshi? I agree that his Lord of the Rings attempt was nothing incredible, but I find him interesting from an animation standpoint. He's got a distinct style, and has had his hand in crazy films like Fritz the Cat and Cool World. His subject matter isn't always all-ages appropriate, but he can do some intriguing stuff.
Well, I'm just talking about his Lord of the Rings; I don't think I've ever seen his other stuff. i just couldn't sit through that movie, and I couldn't be more passionate about the subject matter. He did stick fairly close to the book, but I found the animation style an eyesore and just the production as a whole very disappointing. Plus, if he hadn't done that, maybe Rankin and Bass would've done the whole trilogy, and that's something I would have liked to see. Still, the worst Tolkien adaptation I ever saw would have to be our local Youtheater production of "The Hobbit." They claimed the script was approved by the Tolkien Estate, but I've never seen such a manglement of a book in my life...
Erin

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
More MST3K Ieas!

Hey all!

I know this is bad, but hubby LOVES to watch the "Sci-Fi" channel, and they've got (IMO) some so-so, OK things on there. I've noticed that lately they've been more horror oriented instead of science fiction.

ANYHOW, I think that MST3K should do that John Travolta movie "Destination Earth" (is that the name of it?) Now you wanna' talk WORST piece of ^!@*($&*(&!@# EVER made, THAT movie is IT! There isn't ONE line that the MST3K guy's wouldn't spoof! It's HORRIBLE!!! I've slept thru it 3 or 4 times, best nap ever! Hubby and his best friend even HATE it, and they love ALL sci-fi! then the worst part? It hink they made a SECOND ONE!?!?!?!!? WHAT WAS HE (John Travolta) THINKING???????????