Movies you can't believe exist

Hubert

Reaction score
Yeah, I kept rewinding it to make sure I was hearing it right. When the pigs are after Wolf and Twitchy, one of them, who has a somewhat Junior Gorgish voice, says something like (I forget the exact wording): "One Wolf and Fwaggle to go!"

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
The Beaver. Yes, I've seen it. It's a real movie.

This movie has such a brilliant premise on paper. A man who pretty much put himself in depression attempts to get himself out by communicating via a puppet beaver that's actually destroying him further. But this movie is so ungodly misguided it's ridiculous. Mel Gibson is the only one who's really trying in this way too grim on film. It would have worked better as a book.

Drtooth

Reaction score
hoodwinked too- The first movie was good, but the second one didn't really have a story.
Hoodwinkned Too was ruined in a very similar fashion to Cool World. They dropped the Edwards' from the project and got talentless script doctors who then preceeded to ruin whatever they could to make it "edgy," an ill defined word to say the least, leading to truly terrible decisions. Corey was not happy, but said something to the extent of "that's show biz."

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The Beaver. Yes, I've seen it. It's a real movie.

This movie has such a brilliant premise on paper. A man who pretty much put himself in depression attempts to get himself out by communicating via a puppet beaver that's actually destroying him further. But this movie is so ungodly misguided it's ridiculous. Mel Gibson is the only one who's really trying in this way too grim on film. It would have worked better as a book.
Ah, the Full House movie.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
A Chorus Line: I liked it at first because of the fact that it had dancing in it, but after I found out the facts about the real Broadway musical of the same name, I realized the movie stinks! It didn't do well in the box office when it was released in the 80s, but no wonder! The original musical takes place in the 70s, the movie had more of an 80s vibe to it. The movie was moving away from the dancers and was focusing more on only two characters, Zack, the director and Cassie, a struggling dancer trying to find a job and also trying to reconnect with Zack, who was her old flame. If you've seen the musical on Broadway, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Princeton

Reaction score
A Chorus Line: I liked it at first because of the fact that it had dancing in it, but after I found out the facts about the real Broadway musical of the same name, I realized the movie stinks! It didn't do well in the box office when it was released in the 80s, but no wonder! The original musical takes place in the 70s, the movie had more of an 80s vibe to it. The movie was moving away from the dancers and was focusing more on only two characters, Zack, the director and Cassie, a struggling dancer trying to find a job and also trying to reconnect with Zack, who was her old flame. If you've seen the musical on Broadway, you'll understand what I'm talking about.
Plus, the songs took away from the dialogue scenes. Normally, movie musicals have the opposite problem, which is more forgivable.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------
Aha, another MSTie!

Here's an obscure one: Sam Raimi's "Crimewave," which I was able to see once. It was supposed to be a wonderfully dark, black-humor spoof of 1930s gangster films...and then the studio wrecked it after it was out of Raimi's hands, re-editing it so it made little sense and adding, of all things, a Looney-Tunesesque sound effects track to it (so that, for instance, when Bruce Campbell's character gets squashed, the soundtrack goes "BOING!"). I've always wondered what it would have been like had Sam & Co been able to do it the way they wanted.

------------------