Movies You Want To Love But Don't

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Hi guys! Is there ever a movie that has so much potential, but you don't like it? For me it's West Side Story. I LOVE musicals, and the first hour or so is great! But then....the rumble (not the one where Tony dies).....I'm not big on realistic looking violence and had to turn it off, because my mom told me it got worse! I generally prefer lighthearted musicals to watch when I'm not in a good mood. (My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, Muppet Movies), but I just can't handle all that violence. (I'm a whimp!) So how about you? Are there any movies you really want to enjoy but just can't?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Saw.

I'm a gore hound. The more death and killings the better.

Saw did not do anything for me. I think the problem with Saw is that it was too over the top to the point it was it just wasn't entertaining. That, and the killings were expected. I mean, yeah...most horror movies you expect people to die but...I don't think the deaths were as satisfying as some killer in the woods suddenly jumping out and hacking someone up.

I still haven't managed to get through any of the Saw movies without turning them off mid way through because of how bored I get watching them

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd blame my Hanna Barbera fanboy-ism for seeing the Yogi Bear movie. I didn't expect it to be that dull and cliche ridden. You can't avoid cliches in writing, but if you're good enough, you can forgive them and they're not howlingly obvious. This was lazy writing, songs were chosen at random (they used the Weird Al song "Lasagna" for no apparent reason. I can't complain, but still...) I mean, it's not as bad as Yo Yogi was... but it was just so freaking boring and listless.

I blame that crappy actor that they made play Ranger Smith. And giving him a Mary Sue love interest. I mean, really... I liked the Smurfs movie of all things better. At least the human actors wanted to be there.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I will neither confirm nor deny that statement
Listen person of undetermined gender....could you kindly go back to working for Count Olaf? He called me looking for you.... , but seriously I'm glad that other people have movies they want to love but don't.

robodog

Reaction score
The Nightmare Before Christmas. I can see the quality and I can see why it has so many fans but it just doesn't click with me.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
The Nightmare Before Christmas. I can see the quality and I can see why it has so many fans but it just doesn't click with me.
I love that movie, but I can see why it might not be your cup of tea.(especially if it had Deadly Nightshade)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
SUMMER RENTAL.

I mean, it's got John Candy in it, not to mention Rip Torn Who Thinks He's An Actual Pirate... yet, it just doesn't do anything for me... probably because I first saw it during a dark period, so yeah...