Movies You Want To Love But Don't

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Man of Steel, my friend and I had so many fights over that movie. I wish I could have enjoyed it just to avoid so many hurt feelings, heh. Plus I want to be able to enjoy comic book movies, but it just feels like the fanbase is being manipulated and taken advantage of.

Going along with the OP, I've always had problems with West Side Story, though not for the same reason. And I mean, I want to enjoy it because I love musicals, plus the message of prejudice destroying people is a powerful one. However, I never thought the ballet style made any sense with these juvenile deliquent characters. Guys & Dolls did a better job; making the dance style more athletic. Plus, I'm just going to say it, Maria p***** me off, lol. Her boyfriend Tony kills her brother and when her brother's girlfriend is angry at Tony, Maria acts like she's the one with the problem! Maria and Tony just remind me of so many self centered couples who think the world must stop because they're in love.

What else...oh yes, Toy Story. I don't hate it, I just never conected with it for whatever reason. I actually usually love cartoons about neglected toys, but usually they have a bit of a poignant, disquieting vibe to them that I enjoy. Toy Story just seemed too polished and nice. I know the 3rd one is supposedly darker, maybe I'll check that out one day.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Anything Harry Potter related, or the hunger games series.
Er... good thinking, Bridget! I used to be a fan of the Harry Potter series, but I just decided that stuff has lost my taste. I LOVE the Harry Potter books much better than the movies.

I am not fan of the books or the movies of the Hunger Games. I have lost complete interest into that kind of series.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
I also never got into pirates of the Caribbean
Or the new Charlie and the chocolate factory

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Finding Dory.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like this movie, I really, really do. When I found out most of the movie took place at an aquarium, I was a little worried. But, surprisingly, it ended up being really creative, suspenseful in the right moments and very funny. It was everything you'd expect from a Pixar film. It was all going great for me until about 20 minutes before the end. The last twenty minutes or so were just way too ridiculous and over the top for me, between an octopus driving and the whole car chase and then the climax when all those fish ended up being freed back into the water, with the slow-mo and Lois Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" playing in the background. It's very hard to describe but, that was really the jumping the shark moment for me (yes, pun intended). It just completely didn't feel like it went with the spirit of Pixar at all. Sure, they're movies often have really big finales, but this one just felt like the writers gave up and just didn't have time to rewrite it. It honestly didn't fit that well with the rest of the movie and it just seemed more like something you would see in a mediocre Dreamworks flick. Not to mention, certain other parts I think,were a little boring and I think the movie was a little too long. And like I said, I don't dislike the rest of the movie, but the ending kind of just hinders the way I see the film as a whole.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
between an octopus driving and the whole car chase and then the climax when all those fish ended up being freed back into the water, with the slow-mo and Lois Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" playing in the background. It's very hard to describe but, that was really the jumping the shark moment for me
Really? Because when I saw it, the entire theater broke into applause at that moment.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Really? Because when I saw it, the entire theater broke into applause at that moment.
Okay, the actual part with the fish getting freed was pretty awesome, but somehow the rest of that part just fell flat for me. I dunno why, it just didn't exactly do it for me.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'm not that big of a fan of Rio anymore. I used to be obsessed with it when I was younger, but now I'm just meh about it (as Lisa Simpson once said). I just think it is quite generic and there are much better kid's movies out there (The Muppets, Toy Story, Ice Age, Shrek, Finding Nemo, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, etc. etc.). I don't see why I liked Rio all that much when I was younger and now I don't enjoy it at all and only watch the movies when I'm extremely bored. I got a little crazy during my Rio phase. I would constantly use the movie in my videos, I had a crush on Gabi the frog of all characters (yup, that's right the insanely creepy villainous frog who isn't even the least bit attractive, nope, not the sweet adorkable Linda, but her!), I would right horribly cringeworthy fanfictions about the movies loaded with toilet humor, gore, extremely dated pop culture references, and innuendos, I would even ship Jewel and Brian the dog from Family Guy (not kidding in the least!). I also shipped Blu and Jewel's son Tiago with Claira the freaking capybara and made them a noncanon couple in my stories! Now that I look back on that I think
"She is a capybara and he's a bird, what on Earth was I thinking!?"Now I say to my past self "Dude, it's just a kid's movie, get over it!?". I find my past obsession with Rio to be extremely creepy and cringeworthy looking back on it and am glad that that stage of my life is over, the whole phase felt like one huge inside joke that only I got. Now I'm obsessed with Happy Tree Friends, Family Guy, and The Simpsons, but I take those in moderation and don't get all Petunia-style obsessed with them and get super crazy and weird like I did about Rio (excuse the obvious HTF reference there, maybe not the best idea when I'm trying to prove a point, LOL!). Long story short, the Rio phase is the most embarassing phase I've ever gone through and am so glad that it is long gone.

Last edited:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
One movie that I want to love but don't is The Terminator. I watched it and nearly threw up. It's not because it's a bad movie, it really isn't, but it taking place in the dark and having all that apocalyptic stuff just really didn't do well with me. If I was rating the film, I'd give it an 8/10 because it's a well-executed film, and 5/10 because I myself just don't really care for.

I haven't seen Judgment Day yet though, so maybe it'll save it for me.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Hi guys! Is there ever a movie that has so much potential, but you don't like it? For me it's West Side Story. I LOVE musicals, and the first hour or so is great! But then....the rumble (not the one where Tony dies).....I'm not big on realistic looking violence and had to turn it off, because my mom told me it got worse! I generally prefer lighthearted musicals to watch when I'm not in a good mood. (My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, Muppet Movies), but I just can't handle all that violence. (I'm a whimp!) So how about you? Are there any movies you really want to enjoy but just can't?
Funny thing is now I actually like this one.....