MR Animal Replica on the PT Emmy's

Vic Romano

Reaction score
So I'm watching the Prime Time Emmys when Josh Groben starts singing a medley of television theme songs. He breaks into two lines of The Muppet Show theme doing his best Animal impression while a very poorly puppeteered MR Animal replica simply bounces around like an epileptic tart next to the house drummer until the medley changes to the X Files theme and he's hoisted into the air while Josh screams "don't go!"

If what I just said makes no sense, then welcome to the club. :halo:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I saw it! It was very strange--but GREAT to have The Muppet Show theme included in the medley! I was thrilled!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Definitely great they recognized TMS as a classic show, but I'm sure Eric could have made a brief cameo, it looked so hackneyed and slapped together. Of course, the Emmy's this year don't seem very well written.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Definitely great they recognized TMS as a classic show, but I'm sure Eric could have made a brief cameo, it looked so hackneyed and slapped together. Of course, the Emmy's this year don't seem very well written.
Agreed. Even Stewart and Colbert weren't that funny... But Don Rickles was HILARIOUS!

Do you agree that Howie Mandell should never be allowed to host anything outside his little show ever again? :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Do you agree that Howie Mandell should never be allowed to host anything outside his little show ever again? :stick_out_tongue:
I think Howie should be forced to make new episodes of Bobby's World instead, myself....

Uncle Ted RULES!

petrieboy

Reaction score
Well, Josh Groban was quite impressive. He ought to do an old fashioned, pure rock album. I had him on my list of famous people who should appear with the Muppets on a new show. Maybe there is hope...

Erine81981

Reaction score
Saw it too and was thinking the same. What in the world? But he was funny on all the Sitcom Themes. My mom laughed at all his impression. I couldn't believe that he was doing this and couldn't stop laughing. Even when he did his best of Cartmen from South Park. Funny stuff. But his Animal was really funny too.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I missed this part! Darn it. I'll check tomorrow to see if it's online; I need to know what you guys are talking about!

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I was totally bewildered by the fact that they simply hung an Animal replica from a wire and bounced it around...it seemed disrespectful though I was glad TMS was included in the medley.