MR Animal Replica on the PT Emmy's

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Agreed. Even Stewart and Colbert weren't that funny... But Don Rickles was HILARIOUS!

Do you agree that Howie Mandell should never be allowed to host anything outside his little show ever again? :stick_out_tongue:
That opening with him, Seacrest, Bergeron, Probst and Minogue was just awful, right? It was like they were lost children in a mall or something.

I was totally bewildered by the fact that they simply hung an Animal replica from a wire and bounced it around...it seemed disrespectful though I was glad TMS was included in the medley.
That's what I'm talking about. It was like; "Oh cool, they're acknowledging TMS" and at the same time thinking "what the heck are they doing?" Josh is a great performer and the the idea and impressions were fine, but the production of what was going on behind him was weird.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
That opening with him, Seacrest, Bergeron, Probst and Minogue was just awful, right? It was like they were lost children in a mall or something.
Oh my gosh... I was just staring at the TV and was like... wha? I love Bergeron... but YEESH!

muppetperson

Reaction score
I watched the play back last night but didnt see the Animal replica.Before the awards was the red carpet watch by TV guide.Nothing there unless it was edited out or a different version for Australia.A man and woman were hosting it and the woman was going on about boob sweat!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Well I found it on Youtube because I missed it the first time. I'm a big Josh Groban fan so that part of it was cool for me, but yeah, Animal looked really silly, but if you watch the whole montage was meant to be kind of campy and silly, so in a way, it fit.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Nice attempt, but they didn't pull it off very well. Poor Animal

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, was that ever embarassing! Just watched it on YouTube and I turned it off when it got to the South Park part... though I have to admit, Josh Groban's enthusiasm is very brave of him! He did well but it's a weird montage.

Um , Animal being abducted by the X-Files theme song? Very funny! The awful fake puppet (maybe a Master Replica?) and Josh Groban doing a bad Animal voice? Very unfunny.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
It was definitely a Master Replicas Animal. It looked like all his feathers were pushed forward on his head instead of laying back the way they are supposed to.

I don't know how they got away with that, except that it was on ABC... and we know who owns ABC.

:stick_out_tongue:

Frogster

Reaction score
Definitely great they recognized TMS as a classic show, but I'm sure Eric could have made a brief cameo, it looked so hackneyed and slapped together. Of course, the Emmy's this year don't seem very well written.
I was more disturbed by his South Park shout-out. You know when you watch something that's so bad your hair stands on end and, inside, you start to cringe? You know, the kinda cringing that you get when you hear the Muppets singing with Miley Cyrus?