Mr. Hooper Apreciation Thread

SSLFan

Reaction score
Okay, I never grew up with Mr. Hooper, true enough, but I just wanted to pay tribute to him at least. He sounded like a nice fellow(from what I've seen from clips). So does anyone who grew up with Mr. Hooper have any stories to share about him, or his actor, Will Lee? Truly he is gone, but his legacy will live on, right?:cry:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
My favorite Mr. Hooper moment is definately the one from Christmas Eve on Sesame Street with him and Ernie and Bert. Sadly, that's my only memory of him, but it's a great one.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I grew up watching Mr. Hooper, and I can honestly tell you he is my all-time favorite human character on Sesame Street. I loved his relationship with Big Bird in particular...they shared so many classic moments! Will Lee was certainly the only man to play Mr. Hooper, he was like a grandfather figure to us who watched him. I especially loved the song he sang called "When I Was Young", in which he showed a collection of photographs and remembered all the things he did when he was a kid.
Great man, great character. I cried when I saw the episode dealing with his passing, and still cry when I watch it on YouTube.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Actually the song was called.

When I was Little As You Are.

Certainly a great song.