Mr. Johnson's Elmo In Grouchland role

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Towards the beginning of The Adventures Of Elmo In Grouchland , Mr. Johnson (Also known as Fat Blue after his Anything Muppet type) is seen and heard once again as being served by Grover. His first speaking role is when he yells out, "Hey Waiter!" (Clearly being performed by Jerry Nelson like he should be) to get Grover's attention but Grover is too busy to serve him. Later Grover goes by again and the two talk but this time, Fat Blue is performed by David Rudman. Finally Grover takes flight as Super Grover to help Elmo retrieve his blanket and Mr. Johnson sighs..... but he's performed by Jerry Nelson. If Jerry was there the whole time, why did they switch performers in the first place?

wiley207

Reaction score
Jerry was probably busy with other Muppet projects. David Rudman performed Mr. Johnson in the entire movie, but Jerry Nelson dubbed most of his lines.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Muppet dude said:
Jerry was probably busy with other Muppet projects. David Rudman performed Mr. Johnson in the entire movie, but Jerry Nelson dubbed most of his lines.
I guess if Jerry Nelson were to retire from Sesame Street (which thank goodness he hasn't yet), then I guess that means David Rudman would take on Fat Blue if they were to do anymore Grover/Fat Blue sketches.

wiley207

Reaction score
I think the only characters Jerry Nelson now performs on the show nowadays are The Count and Herry Monster (that is, when Herry gets used!)

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Muppet dude said:
I think the only characters Jerry Nelson now performs on the show nowadays are The Count and Herry Monster (that is, when Herry gets used!)
Which isn't often:smirk:

anytimepally

Reaction score
Jerry still performs Mr. Johnson, too.. he was on twice this past season