Mr. Men and Little Miss

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Does anyone else remember this children's book seires? It also had three different succesful cartoons. But wait, there's more!

Renagade Animation (the animators of the Cartoon Network show HiHi Puffy AmiYumi) are working on an animated show known as The Mr. Men Show! It will air in the USA on Cartoon Network, and in the UK on Channel 5's "Milkshake". This first season will have 25 characters in it. Here's a blog (http://www.mrmenshowblog.com/) with information about the show. :smile:

So, what do you think? How do you think the show will be? Who's your favorite Mr. Men or Little Miss character? I have high hopes for the show! :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... Used to have some of these when I was growing up. What I loved was that all the characters were on the back of the books. Though the Little Misses were limited in number originally, later books expanded the cast so there'd be more of them. I also remember the animated program that aired on The WB network. The new version that'll air on CN is one of the very few new shows of theirs I'm interested in. Even more now that you say it'll be made by the same animation production company that made Hi-Hi Puffy Ami Umi.

Does anybody know the specifics of when it'll air on CN?

salemfan

Reaction score
I remember this book series. When my aunt gave them to me as a present, the format(words on the left, pictures on the right) reminded me of something I saw on Sesame Street when I was little in the early 1990s. It was a story Maria was reading about a tightrope walker with the words on the left, pictures on the right and the screen only showed the picture. I used to read the books with them positioned so I could only see the picture and I would recite the words, imitating the portrayal of the book mentioned above on Sesame Street.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's a pretty cute website. Each character has a weird little game to play. I really hope this show is better than the last one. The Mr. men segments were alright. The random live action hosted bits were brutal. Even for a kid's show.

I don't know exactly if they're still up, but I accidentally found some of the UK 70's series on Youtube. I recall seeing some of the Little Miss cartoons via video rental back in the day.

Man, I used to love these books. These books and Arthur. And of course, the Sesame Street books.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Hey, just wanted you guys to know:

The website now has video clips up! :big_grin: They're really funny! (Mr. Lazy acts like Zoot turned on high blast! :wink:)

dwmckim

Reaction score
To each his own i guess, but i quite liked the last series with the live action comedy bits...am actually kinda hoping the next incarnation has something similar. Just nice goofy fun.