Mr. Quincy

ssetta

Reaction score
I would assume probably nobody remembers him. I have only ever seen him on one episode from the 1992-93 season. I remember it was show #3017. He was purple with a green nose, and he had glasses. He brought his own "10 second toaster" into the fixit shop, because it only toasted for 9 seconds. And a 10 second toaster should give you 10 second toast. When the toast came out after 9 seconds, it looked fine. But he said that it was not fine, because if he wanted 9 second toast, he would have bought a 9 second toaster. So they way he was: He was the kind of person who wanted things to work exactly the way they're supposed to. So Maria did her best for him, and said she would have it ready in 10 minutes. And he said, "Okay, i'll be back at 9:13, exactly 10 minutes from now." It had both Big Bird and Maria worried. Then in the next street scene, she had it fixed for him.

The next scene was with Mr. Quincy at Hooper's. He says, "11:57, only 3 minutes to lunch." And Hooper's had a special of the day called a foot-long hot dog. So he ordered a foot-long hot dog. And after he got his order, he got out...."a RULER???" Because he wanted to make sure it was exactly a foot. "Wait a minute! This isn't a foot-long hot dog! It's only 11½ inches!" Mr. Handford told him that it was close enough, and Mr. Quincy said that it wasn't. So Mr. Handford gave him another one, still not perfect. Because it was longer than a foot, it was 13 inches long. Mr. Handford started to wonder, and Big Bird, who had seen him before, explained to him how picky he was. Mr. Handford gave him yet another hot dog, and said angrily, "Go ahead!! MEASURE IT!!!" And it was exactly a foot, so it should be perfect. No, it wasn't. Because the bun was to short, the ends of the hot dog were sticking out. The foot-long hot dog should come in a foot-long bun.

I forgot to mention, he was performed by Jerry Nelson. He was kind of a 1-note character, but I think they could have done a bit more with him.

roadrat15

Reaction score
I remember that guy. Thank the Lord he was only a one off character!