Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree on CTS!

dbarrie

Reaction score
Attention Toronto Muppet Fans:

According to CTS' Web site, "Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree" will be shown on Christmas Day! CTS will broadcast it on Dec. 25 @ 4:30 PM ET. Could a future video or DVD release of this special be far off?

I watched "Willowby" when it first aired in 1995, and caught it again on CBC the following two Christmases. Has it ever been shown in the US besides that initial airing on CBS? I wonder if part/parts of it was/were filmed in Toronto since Leslie Nielsen co-starred?

Guess I know what I'll be watching this Christmas in addition to the DVDs I have of the Muppet Christmas films and TV specials!

OI MuppetFan

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the US, Mr. Willowby's Christmas initially aired on CBS in 1995. It did re-air for a couple years on Odyssey in 1999 and 2000.

Maki

Reaction score
WOW!

I remember seeing that^^

well...that and the creator and illustrator of the original story, Robert Barry, was my professor in college (UMass-Dartmouth)....so I got first hand news about the show before it aired! I actually was reminded about the show and book when I happened upon it this afternoon in a local bookstore....now I'm looking everywhere for it on VHS or DVD ....guess it's not out yet. So that answers my question I was looking for the answer to. Oh well.

And I haven't seen it on tv here since that original airing.