1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

MSTies unite!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newsmanfan, Apr 28, 2011.

1. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

Wow cool, I didn't think there was a plot in the series. Interesting. So whenever there's a cast change, there's a story to go with their characters. I like that :) What episode is the one where Joel leaves? So they didn't just have him disappear instantly and up comes Mike then?

You seen the one where they turn Mike into a puppet, well ventriloquist dummy rather. lol I think it's on Vol 7, I watch the three puppets watching the movie and I'm thinking "Alright, now this is just getting silly." lol :p

There's so much I got to catch up with on this show. lol Thanks for the info.

I remember reading on how they can't release all the episodes onto DVD because of copyright reasons for the films and possibly lawsuits on some of the jokes, etc. I read it on Wikipedia awhile back.
  2. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

Joel's last episode was "Mitchell". The one where they turn Mike into a dummy is "Devil Doll".

I just got another Rifftrax DVD: Little Shop of Horrors. I've actually seen the unriffed version (based solely on the stage play being my all-time favorite musical) and I made it as far as the hooker scene and gave up. LSoH is the third Roger Corman movie I've seen (the other two are The Wasp Woman and Gunslinger, which was done on MST3K) and easily the worst of those three.
  3. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

The Frank Oz version or the more earlier versions? I barely remember the Frank Oz version. I think Brain was one of the puppeteers and Heather made a cameo in there I think.
  4. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Joel's escape and Mike's introduction, (from the "Mitchel" episode).
    Part 1:

Part 2:

Joel meets Mike (from the sesason 10 episode "Soultaker")
  5. Mo Frackle

MST Scrapbook (go to youtube to see the remaining parts):

MST Poopie! Outtakes from the CC era (go to youtube to see th remaining parts):

Poopie! 2 Outtakes from the Sci-Fi era (sequel):

Poopie Parade of Values (infomerical featuring Mike, Kevin, and Trace:

6. Mo Frackle

Also, check out:

MST TV Specials:
    http://www.mst3kinfo.com/?page_id=6423

As you can see, I'm addicted to this show.

Btw, the KTMA stuff can also be found on youtube (including bits from the unaired pilot). However, because no fans were able to record the first few episodes, they aren't available (although Jim Mallon has the original masters).
  7. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

The 1960 B&W version.
  8. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    Very nice work Mo! I have only one small correction: you say that "10 minutes" of a bad film would be screened in the KTMA days. Nope. I have a few of those, and they are, frog help 'em, full-on bad movies with VERY adlibbed riffing, which is still often a blast. I know several of the KTMA eps were re-done for later seasons, esp season 1.

Frank is doing a new podcast of radio plays! I listened to the first one last night (free on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/podhouse-90/id567057144 ) and it's hilarious, if a bit raunchy. Frank scripted and directed and plays a Flying Monkey in it. It's about idiotic pundits, politics, and the Wizard of Oz. Great stuff, though not for the faint of ear...
    ---------------
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  9. Mo Frackle

No, I mean the guys would screen 10 minutes of a movie BEFORE shooting. In other words, they'd look at a film, and see if it was MST-worthy.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  10. Mo Frackle

According to Josh Weinstien, the KTMA shows were done in one day. After watching the first 10 or so minutes of a movie and quickly writing the host segments, the guys would go in and do the SOL scenes. Then, right before lunch, the mad scientists scenes were done. After lunch, the guys would come back and do the theater scenes. While that was going on, the editors would be putting it all together so that the show would be in the can literally by the end of the day. And the guys had to make sure they were out of the studio by 5:00 pm before KTMA did a wrestling show. Trace said something along the lines of "We made sure to get out by then becauase we knew better than to mess with the wrestlers".
  11. newsmanfan

---------------
    Speaking of J Elvis -- he's on Frank's new podcast play! I didn't recognize his voice until the credits at the end. MST alumns rock!

-----------------
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  12. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

Joel needs some dance lessons... XD

Joel: I know what lets do!
    newsmanfan and Mo Frackle like this.
  13. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

I just ordered an MST set: both Fugitive Alien movies, Samson Vs. The Vampire Women, and The Sword and the Dragon. I'll let you all know what I think of them once I see them!
  14. Mo Frackle

The DVD sets are great, and it was a wise decision to try to include two Joel episodes and two Mike episodes on each set. I've heard rumors of Shout! possibly releasing the host segments from the KTMA era as bonus features in the future. That would be really cool. Even though Best Brains isn't too fond of the early episodes, I think they're part of the show's history, and therefore deserve to be seen.
  15. newsmanfan

--------------
    Great video! Trying to recall which Bert I Gordon film that was...

Both the Fugitive Alien ones are great. Who could forget the song?

"This is the song that goes with the fight scene!
    This is the fiiiiight, Rocky and Ken!
    He TRIIIIIED TO KILL ME WITH A FORK LIIIIIFT!"
    ------------------
  16. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

17. newsmanfan

----------------
    Ah yes of course! Toooooormented! Actually that's one of my faves, just haven't seen it in forever. Almost a decent movie, too. :)

-------------
  18. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

19. Mo Frackle

Currently watching the MST version of "Manos". I don't know if I can take anymore. This truly is the worst movie ever made. I thought "Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny" was awful, but "Manos" is beyond awful. Needless to say that fertilzer salesman behind this movie (a term used very lightly here) lost his bet.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  20. Mo Frackle