MTI PC Game

zns

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently just a got a new Windows 7 system for my computer. Since it is high speed, I've been looking through some of my PC games and found the one for Muppet Treasure Island. I figured that since I enjoyed playing this when I was younger, I would give it another go. Unfortunately, I ran into several problems.

The first time I tried to play it, it froze up. The picture size is also minimized, so I cannot manage to have it up full screen, which makes it hard to se some of the details of the game. When I tried to play it again, the game came on perfectly, but the sound completely dropped and doesn't seem to come on anymore. It just keeps doing it everytime I try to install/uninstall it.

I'm guessing that since the game was made specifiaclly for the Windows '95 computer in 1996, it is not as easily compatible for todays technology. Does anyone know how I can overcome this problem. Please let me know what needs to be done in order for this to work right. Thank you.

P.S.
Obviously, this person didn't have any problems playing the game recently. http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2010/06/epic-cd-rom-family-adventure-part-1.html

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Hey zns,

Lisa the Intern here. I mostly play The Game on my mom's computer, which runs Windows XP. I'm pretty sure that's the last version of the Windows OS on which you can play The Game just fine by changing the color settings. My computer runs Vista, so in order for me to play The Game on my computer, my brother-in-law downloaded a program called DOSbox, which allows me to play The Game as if my computer were running MS-DOS. I'm not sure on the exact details of how it works--like I said, my brother-in-law set it up for me.

The Game still won't take up your whole monitor the way it did when we were kids, but you can see all the detail just fine. The only drawback to running the game through DOSbox is that I can't take screencaps, which is why that article series dropped off as soon as I went off to school this semester. At some point, I'll get home and take a bunch more screencaps so I can start that series up again.

Anyway, I recommend looking into DOSbox. It might take a little research to figure out how to set it up, but if you remember how much fun this game is, you know it's worth it. Hope this helps!

zns

Reaction score
Thanks Lisa. I'll keep that in perspective. I just hope someone knows how to get the picture up full screen again. Hopefully when I use it, the volume won't keep dropping out. I would also like to find a boxed copy of "Muppets Inside". Hopefully that will work on my computer too.

beaker

Reaction score
Is it a good game? I remember in the late 90's I tracked down Muppets Inside on ebay, and absolutely loved it. I wonder if itd work on windows 7 though, maybe through an emulator? I have an emulator that runs xp as well as windows 95 and DOS.