MTV to have new Adult Puppet Show

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
MTV has ordered an Avenue Q-style "puppets behaving badly" comedy to go out later this spring.

The 8 x 30-minute Fur TV is made by Warp Films and features Lapeno, a Brazilian love god who has a different woman on his arm every night. His pal Fat Ed loves heavy metal and violence, while Mervin is a loser who is obsessed with losing his virginity.
Other puppets include Pu**y Monsta, an international rap megastar who is often seen with his producer Da Gimp.
The show was piloted for BBC2 in 2004 but was never commissioned. It is executive produced by Mark Herbert for Warp and Ilya Colak-Antic and Matthew Bowes for MTV. It was ordered by MTV's Heather Jones.

Link

Edit: Looks like it will air on MTV1 on May 1st

Here is a link with some more info and pictures of the puppets - me likey!

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
That's actually the first thought that went through my head, Gordon!

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
This has turned into probably my favorite show right now! They finally let U.S. viewers watch the first two episodes. The third episode aired Sunday night. This is not for the faint of heart...

I am in love with all three characters and think it's very funny stuff. There is a torrent with their original pilot which is pretty good, not as good as this, but won several awards.

http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/shows/furtv/home

Conor IX

Reaction score
I still haven't really gotten into it. That Mervin character is annoying. He looks like a Grover rip off,kind of sounds like him too. But Grover is cool. I love the Ed character aswell.

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
I didn't really like him at first, but Ed beats him up and is so mean to him you start to feel sorry for the guy and his lack of intelligence and women skills. I don't see the similarity to Grover at all. If you didn't have the dumb / crazy guy to pick on or laugh at it wouldn't be as fun to me.

My favorite is Lapeno - his personality is awesome. Ed is cool, too. If you find the pilot episode torrent, the original Ed had a British voice and wasn't near as tough or funny.

The set, writing, production quality and characters are what really impress me. Not much else to compare to right now.

OldSchoolFan

Reaction score
oh theyre making a show out of that video? i've seen that video before, i just didnt know it was gonna be a tv show.

that's awesome! because it combines 2 of my favourite things...

heavy metal and puppets! :smile:

"vegeterian progressive grindcore" is probably the most hilarious thing ive ever heard in my life.