Muppet Alphabet Album?

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Hello,

I own a copy of the original version, or at least I believe it to be the original, on cassette. It contains 26 skits, and does not include Elmo. I was looking up the album on Amazon though, and the one that came up had Elmo singing ABCDEFGHI as the first track. Can anyone tell me why this is? WHow many years difference are there between the two versions? Are the under different labels?

Thanks,
Kate

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Kate... Not sure what to say.
The vesion with Elmo was a rerelease, so they decided to change some songs from the original version of the release.
Don't rully remember ABCDEFGHI being the first song on the record though.
Got a copy of the original record album tucked away in my storage area... It's from my childhood, probably late 70's to early 80's.
Me thinks there was another thread similar to this one though. Hope this helps.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
Hello,

I own a copy of the original version, or at least I believe it to be the original, on cassette. It contains 26 skits, and does not include Elmo. I was looking up the album on Amazon though, and the one that came up had Elmo singing ABCDEFGHI as the first track. Can anyone tell me why this is? WHow many years difference are there between the two versions? Are the under different labels?
Kate, ABCDEFGHI was added for the Sony CD release. The rest of the original 1971 album is there. Think of the Elmo song as a bonus track. It was just a way Sony could include Elmo on the project.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes, thanks Phil, that's what I figured. My version is from 1971? Wow!
Yeah Count, figured it would be pretty hard for someone not to have noticed this before. Thanks also. You have the record? Do you have a record player?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, one from the Library for the Blind and Handicapped.
Though I'm not sure of the quality cause I have it sandwiched in the folds of the album The Count Presents Numbers! along with that record and The Count von Count's Countdown though I'd rully like to have that one's album.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know the library had non-library-recorded records like that! Then again, yes I did, because I had a muppet record, plus a few other mainstream ones. I still have the record player,; wonder if it works...
Oh, what the hey. It's my own thread, and my question was answered, so I can muffin it if I want to! lol

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... To clarify...
Got the record player and a cassette player, the big honkin' one, from the library.
The record was purchased separately by my family, along with others I myself purchased. Got the three I mentioned, the album to Born To Add though it was a cassette inside instead, and I remember ordering the cassette of Muppet Hits which came with the 30th Anniversary poster. Not sure where that and the SS 20th Anniversary one are now.
Hope this helps.