Muppet Audition Tape: Talked to Kevin Clash!

Ryan

Reaction score
Hey All-

Thought I'd just tell you what happened with the demo-tape. Overall, it turned out pretty great. Except for these few things.

1. During the Debbie Harry number, Candy's hand gets stuck on my ceiling fan rope (turns on the fan). I was trying to swat it out of the way, but it got stuck on her. I ad libbed it, and it came out pretty funny. I'm sure Kevin willl love this. BTW, the tape is set up like Candy is auditioning, so there's a somewhat semi - story going on. I think it came off well.

2. Flubs and Bloopers: Let me just say I went through several. With stuff falling, flubbing my lines, falling myself, :wink: , It was very hectic, but also really fun.

3. I didn't work with a monitor, so sometimes I go out of shot, but it's not too bad. :smile:

Overall, I think it's an OK tape, and I have a feeling I'll be invited to the workshop. I'll let you know If I get anymore news. I plan on calling again Tuesday, but I dunno. I'm really nervous about talking to Kevin. I'm afraid I'll sound stupid! :embarrassed: LOL

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey Ryan,
Sounds great!

ALL--
The phone numbers and addresses is at "Company" under henson.com.

FOZ

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Ryan

Of course you're nervous-- perfectly understandable. But don't worry about sounding stupid. You have a reason to be calling. Remember, though you may not be a professional with years of experience, you and Kevin are both puppeteers. You want to be a professional puppeteer. His job is to find people who will be professional puppeteers. You want to learn more and improve your skills-- he wants to teach what he knows. You aren't asking him for a favor, you are asking him for an opportunity, one that he is perfectly able to give. Just remember, you are a good puppeteer and you have the potential to be even better. Kevin can help you. Kevin wants to help young puppeteers. This is a professional conversation. You aren't bugging him for an autograph. You are contacting him at work about work-related business. You can do this!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

--Annika

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
That is very exciting! I know how you feel, cause David Goelz asked me to join Muppets when I'm 18! Let us know when you hear anything else!

Sir Didymus

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sir Didymus
That is very exciting! I know how you feel, cause David Goelz asked me to join Muppets when I'm 18! Let us know when you hear anything else!

Sir Didymus
Cool, how'd that happen? Wow, being asked to puppeteer from the mouth of the one and only master of Gonzo!

I'm thinking of also making an audition tape myself, and even my family thinks this is a good idea..I just hope I get as far as you have gotten already, Scooter! Wow, that's soo terrific! Congrats!

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile: !!

BorkBork

Reaction score
Fluffy, i know that you will go far. Your muppetbuilding skills are excellent.

Ryan, i really hope for the best, i think it's a great opportunity to be taught by Kevin!!!! :big_grin:

Best of luck!

/Anders

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Ryan

Wow! Hey, I went to Muppetfest last year and Kevin Clash saw me with my puppet and told me I had good lip sync; he told me three times to send in a tape!!! So, we're doing the exact same thing this summer! :smile: Way to go, buddy!!!

BTW, what exactly are you doing for a plot? I think I'm being too elaberate.

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
He's a telant scout, am I right? Kevin Clash?
What kind of things does he want on the audition tape?

BorkBork

Reaction score
Kevin is a muppeteer. Amongst others he does Elmo and clifford :smile:

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
I already know that :smile: , I just read about him and they said he's also a talent scout, so I guess he looks for people with puppeteer abilities, I suppose?

Wow, I wish I got to go to Muppetfest, that is so lucky!