Muppet Babies Castle

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
King Prawn said:
No the weren't posablethey were made of really hard plastic. If I can learn how to do it and find some time i'll post pics.
Yeah, they were very glossy, the disney one's were like a really strong thick glass/ceramic. but whatever it was it was really hard as the same for the Muppets....gosh i miss this toy. :smile:

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I looked online and could not find pictures of the castle of the figures anywhere. Were any of the Muppets in their classic clothing from the show, or were they all in costumes?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
floydnjanicefan said:
I looked online and could not find pictures of the castle of the figures anywhere. Were any of the Muppets in their classic clothing from the show, or were they all in costumes?
Well there is a picture of the castle and the Kight Gonzo figure on the ebay listing in the begining of this thread, I know the Miss Piggy that came with the castle was in her classic clothing, were as there were two diffrent Kermits a kinght one and a king one, then wizard Bunsen and jester Beaker. So six figures plus a horse and a dragon. I found it odd having two diffrent Kermit in one set and then Miss Piggy dressed reg from the show. They could have done Queen Piggy and then have Fozzie as another kight then Kermit. I never understood it. I wish I had a Rowlf and Fozzie at the time. (plus Scooter, Seekter and Animal)

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I just found these things on ebay: Is the Scooter in the front of this group the one that came with the fun fair playset?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3176574962&category=19234

Also, in the front of this group, there is a Rowlf that looks like his is dressed up as Robin Hood, a Gonzo is some kind of a costume, and an Animal playing the drums:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3176340593&category=19234

Are any of these from those two playsets that you mentioned?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Umm, I don't know about the Rowlf/Animal Gonzo one, but yes that Scooter looks like he would belong to the set, I didn't have the train/fun fair set so i didn't have scooter, but he looks matching to the Muppet Babie figures from the castle so yes that scooter would be of the set. :smile:

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I wish that I had collected these sets when I was younger. When I was younger I always went to stores looking for Muppet Babies merchandise (well, actually, I still do), but somehow I missed these figures and playsets.

beaker

Reaction score
Darnit I wish I could get ahold of this...I have no idea how this slipped under my radar in the late 80's...tho I was more a rabid MB fan 84-86. Surprised this wasnt included in the MCM collectibles guide. To think they had Bunsen and Beaker figurines in the late 80's!

King Prawn

Reaction score
Yea taht Scooters from the Fun fair set, the pther's aren't.

here's a list of how they each came:

Kermit(3) = 1) Regular Clothing 2) King Outfit 3) dressed as a Knight
Piggy (2) = 1) Regular Clothing 2) Exactly like the first one
Gonzo (2) = 1) Regular Clothing 2) dressed as a knight
Fozzie = Regular Clothing
Scooter = Regular Clothing
Skeeter = Regular Clothing
Animal = Regular Clothing
Rowlf = Regular Clothing
Bunsen = Wizard Outfit
Beaker = Jester Outfit.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Ok so to pair them up in sets
The castle had...

Kermit(2) (1)King Outfit (2) dressed as a Knight
Gonzo (1) dressed as a knight
Piggy (1) Regular Clothing
Bunsen = Wizard Outfit
Beaker = Jester Outfit

The fun fair/Train set had...

Kermit = Regular Clothing
Piggy = Regular Clothing: Exactly like the first one, the same thing
Gonzo =Regular Clothing
Fozzie = Regular Clothing
Scooter = Regular Clothing
Skeeter = Regular Clothing
Animal = Regular Clothing
Rowlf = Regular Clothing

So the Castle had 6 Muppet figures where as the Train had 8, but to even it out the Castle came with a Dragon and a Horse.

I wish I had the Train instead, but I had a Disney train which was the same but yet not Muppets.

Camellia

Reaction score
I can confirm what the others wrote. yes there were a lot of figures. I have both the castle and the merrygoround, carnival set. Both were my daughter's things. they are really cute!! the elevator can be stuck and not work, so be sure to ask about that, and the missing parts. if it doesn't sell at ebay, make the person an offer that you feel is fair, being there are parts missing. there were also horses the muppets could ride, and there are supposed to be red flags atop the castle spires.

have fun!

best wishes,
Diane and Gina
visit our Muppet Store
Camellia's
http://www.camelliasoftware.com/muppetstore
our ID at ebay is doozer!