1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by erniebert1234ss, Aug 3, 2004.

1. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

That stinks. I am sorry Muppetperson
  2. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

I was silly (and stupid and impatient) enough to buy that set. Disney should PLEASE release a DVD with EVERY SINGLE EPISODE BEING COMPLETE.

Can't emphasize that enough!

BJ
  3. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I would love to see a complete set. I just dont think that there is the demand for it.
  4. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

Right now on TVShowsonDVD.com, Muppet Babies are ranked 40th on unreleased, and 167th overall with 97% wanting a season set, 30% wanting a best of, and 20% wanting individual episodes. Almost 2,000 votes for the show, so I'm sure there's a demand for it.

Daniel
  5. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

WOW, I am very surprised to hear that.
  6. RealMissPiggy

RealMissPiggy New Member

i wasnt a huge fan of MB but it might make a nice addition to my collection.
  7. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

Ok, Tiny Toons(which I love and WILL try to own on DVD) was ranked 45th, and Freakazoid(also love but not as much as Tiny Toons) is ranked in the 50s for unreleased DVDs, but they are getting releases? What's up with that? Unless they wanna wait til ALL of the Muppet Show DVDs are out before they put the Muppet Babies, then Muppets Tonight out there. Don't ask me, I just thought that might be the reason.

Daniel
  8. It comes down to the same problem with Muppet Babies. Will copyright be a problem? Most episodes were full of movie and TV clips from a wide range of production companies.
  9. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

Seems a bit mad, as Muppet Babies was brought out on VHS
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I've been doing some thinking and researching. I feel that they could at least have Best Ofs or single episodes or something.l Why? because not every episode features copywrited materials interspearced into the show. Especially in the later episodes, movie clips were nothing more than stock footage. maybe an occasional bit, like the Nintendo video game clips in "It's only Pretendo." As Gonzo said in one episode, refering to the fact they couldn't use clips from batman, "Are you nutz? Warner Brothers wanted a million dollars for a three second clip."

And I've said what i've said before...

Jeffery Scott would hit the roof if clips of the Three Stooges wouldn't be used (he's Moe's Grandson, after all), George Lucas has an excellent relationship with Henson and Disney (hense the theme park Star Wars Muppets), so he'd pull for Star Wars and Indiana Jones clips. Only thing that would be a problem is various other clips used from Columbia, in which Henson had a partnership with them in the 80's. Maybe some sitcom clips down the line would be hard to clear, but I feel they could do it.

They problably just don't want to. look how long it took them to release their own Disney Afternoon sets. And most of them are unfinished.
  11. MuppetKingmiste

MuppetKingmiste New Member

Can anyone sell me the full cast of the muppet babies?
  12. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Fozzie, Kermit, Piggy, Scooter, Sceeter, Gonzo, Rowlf and Animal. We would sometimes get cameos from Bean, Bunsen and Beaker. We also saw Janice as a teen (once), Robin as a tadpole (once) and Statler and Waldorf (once)
  13. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Statler and Waldorf were in a few of the episodes.I think Robin did make a second appearance in a later episode, but I could be wrong.I think muppetkingmiste might mean sell all the episodes?(Rather than selling all the cast)
  14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Statler and Waldorf were in quite a few later episodes. They were great, and sort of played the wise uncles more than anything.

Robin was in it twice.
  15. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Thank you for the correction guys and sorry for the misinformation.
  16. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

You are excused! you did say you hadnt seen an episode in ages,
    and you werent out by much, only on Statler & Waldorf, which I beleive the later episodes they were in have been restricted air play, and you werent out too far on Robin.
  17. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Thank you for the pardon Muppetpeson. LOL
  18. muppetwannabe

muppetwannabe New Member

Are there any Muppetbabies episodes on DVD and if so where would I buy them?
  19. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

Yes, and I cannot tell you where to purchase them for legal reasons (i.e. they're bootlegs).

However, I would recommend waiting for Muppet Babies to be officially released onto DVD (which may be awhile yet, Disney is doing way too much way too quickly, and probably we'll see absolutely nothing regarding either Muppets or Muppet Babies on DVD till 2009).

BJ
  20. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

yes i am going to wait for the realease of disney puting them out i have seen the bootleged ones on certine websites and i really thought oh my goodness , those must be awful and i have seen some revews about them to that they where just cheap riped from tv .

I can't wait for the disney to put them out maybe we will see a blu-ray release that would be so wonderful and beutiful for the great muppet babies . i mean ever thing is going to be going to blu-ray over the next seveal years anyway ;)