1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppet Babies Is Back

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by beaker, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

To me Muppet Babies is one of the greatest modern Jim Henson things, and one of the best tv cartoon of all time. And while I am not fond of the ultra cheap cg used on stuff like Mickey's Club and other Disney Jr shows, I am incredibly excited about the return of Muppet Babies in CG form for a new generation of kids. Whether it has the same sort of nuanced imagination as the original remains to be seen.

But I'm already digging Bobbi Baba the sheep
    [​IMG]

http://www.toughpigs.com/muppet-babies-reboot/
    http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/muppet-babies-disney-junior-eyeing-animated-series-reboot/

2. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

I'm a bit concerned that reviving Muppet Babies could ruin and set the Muppets back again and make audiences go back to thinking of them as purely kiddie entertainment, which they're not and what Jim never wanted. :(

LaRanaRene and Muppy like this.
  3. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Once again, there's been no official confirmation from any source, so this title is kinda misleading. At least put a question mark at the end.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    Muppy likes this.
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Also, we've been discussing it here:
    http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/possible-muppet-babies-reboot.62366/#post-1173887

I'd agree if this was back 2005 or so. After 2 movies and a show that's far more watchable to that unfunny thing about Katy Mixon as a housewife, I'd say the time is right to bring this version of the characters back. The merchandising of typical Disney Junior shows alone gives me hope they can get a mainstream success with it. Plus, as an 80's cartoon watcher, I do feel a bit cheated that certain 80's properties were revived at least twice now, and Muppet Babies only got a line of plush toys when the 80's comebacks of last decade were massive merchandising franchises, successful or not.

Muppy and Duke Remington like this.
  5. 123Sunny

123Sunny Active Member

Well, I'd love to see Muppet Babies come back, and I love the sheep. My mum has a farm, so we all are fans of sheepies. I wonder if Bobbi has any relation to Ovejita from Sesame Street, they are both purple sheep?

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Oh, this is just a rumor? I thought it's been confirmed. Oh, well. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

123Sunny likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.