1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Babies reference on Garfield and Friends

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by Klonoa, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Klonoa New Member

You all are very hardcore fans and this is a very thourough message board, so I do apologize if I am repeating common knowledge here.

I was watching my DVD of Garfield and Friends and one episode made a Muppet Babies reference (since they were both showing at around the same time, at the time). In this episode, Garfield and Nermal flush some "Evil Mutant Guppies" down the sewer and Garfield says they're being flushed down the river to who knows where. And that's how they end that episode.

But before the credits they show a short U.S. Acres (Orson's Farm) "Quickie" and in it, the Mutant Guppies pop out of the farm well and terrorize Orson and Wade and the animals run away. Then one of the Mutant Guppies looks at the other one and says, "Well this stinks, let's go and see if we can make guest appearances on Muppet Babies" (not a direct quote, but close enough). I thought that was pretty funny. Garfield and Friends and Muppet Babies were great Saturday morning cartoons!

--Klonoa
  2. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

OMG that's so cool! I always watched both those shows after school on Nickelodeon. I bought the Fraggle Rock DVD, and saw the Garfield one close by. Gonna hafta pick it up soon!

Cool find! ;)
  3. Klonoa New Member

There's actually two Garfield DVDs out now. One is called Garfield as Himself and has three of the prime time Garfield TV specials on it (Here Comes Garfield, Garfield on the Town, and Garfield Gets a Life). The other DVD is a 3 disc set of episodes from the Garfield and Friends TV Saturday morning cartoon. Both are good buys.

--Klonoa
  4. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I really want to get this... but I'm wickedly broke... so tell me... do they have all the US Acres quickies and stuff not seen in syndication, or is it just the syndicated version in a boxed set. I'll get it reguardless, but I really want to know.
  5. Klonoa New Member

Well I don't know what was taken out when it was in syndication, but they do have U.S. Acres "Quickies" on the DVD. Except they're not called U.S. Acres, they're called "Orson's Farm," which I think is what it was called outside the US.

--Klonoa
  6. Drtooth Well-Known Member

What was taken out

A) The original "Friends are there.." theme was replaced by the third season "We're ready to party" song

B) Most of the shorts, including all US Acres and half the Garfields, and all but one of the "Screaming with Binky's"

I think there were other cuts, but I can't really think of them right now...
  7. Klonoa New Member

On the DVD, the "Friends are there..." song is still intact. As is the Garfield and US Acres short shorts. And there's one Screaming with Binky on the DVD, too. I'm not an expert, but I think these are the original unedited Saturday morning ones on the DVD with nothing cut out, if that helps.

--Klonoa
  8. McFraggle Active Member

That's funny, I didn't know it was called something different outside the U.S..
  9. Erine81981 Active Member

Have both of the DVD your talking about Klonoa and there a blast to watch. The DVD "Garfield and Friends" is the first and some of the second season. There all in order and when I watch it for the first time I had forgot the the first season had a different theme song. It hadn't rang a bell until the closing theme where Garfield's head is just a little out of reach of the credits and his eyes change from time to time kind of like the old wall clock that when the tail moves so do the eyes. Then I remembered. Oh this brings back so many memories. Oh I can't wait for the the second DVD of the speicals to come out. WOOOO!!!
  10. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Aww! Thanks dude! I was wondering about that stuff. Next 3 DVD's on my to get list (the boxed sets, any way) Bullwinkle season one, ALF, and Garfield and friends!
  11. Klonoa New Member

Garfield and Friends DVD is very much worth it.

My next (planned) DVD purchases are vol. 2 of the Invader ZIM DVD and Wacky Races. ALF is on DVD, too huh? I'd like to get that one--provided it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get!

--Klonoa
  12. Erine81981 Active Member

Are you talking about the Hanna Barbera "Wacky Races"?
  13. Klonoa New Member

Sure am!

--Klonoa
  14. Erine81981 Active Member

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :excited: :excited: Thank You! :)
  15. MustangRockstar New Member

I have a list on Amazon.com just to keep track of all the 80's cartoons coming out.

Garfield and Friends is def. well worth it. Everything is intact and volume 2 should be out on Dec. 7th which is a big DVD day {thank god WB decided to delay volume 2 of Batman: TAS and Superman}.

The show should be in it's entirty by Spring 2006.

Volume 3 is slated for Mayish in 2005, which means Volume 4 should hit christmas of 2005 and finally wrap up in May 2006.

Also a Garfield holiday dvd is coming out on 10.26 that has Garfield Halloween, thanksgiving and christmas. All 80's classics and all worth the mere 10 bucks the DVD will go for.
  16. McFraggle Active Member

I think I might eventually pick up the Garfield season set, I would love to see Disney release Duck Tales though.
  17. Klonoa New Member

I'd love to see Disney release some of their old "Disney Afternoon" lineup on DVD as well. DuckTales was such a well-written show.

I've been eyeing that ALF DVD at Wal-Mart lately. I wonder if that's worth it. Garfield and Friends certainly was.

--Klonoa
  18. Erine81981 Active Member

Did ya'll know that they still show old Disney 80's and 90's on ToonDisney?
  19. [/QUOTE]

here comes Garfield is my favorite Garfield special. there's a song that plays during part of the scean where Garfield and Odie are in the pound. It's raing and cold and Garfield cuddles up to Odie. I can't for the life of me remember the words, but I do remember how hard I fought back the tears!
  20. McFraggle Active Member

Yeah, but unfortunately I don't get Toon Disney. :sympathy: