Muppet Babies reference on Garfield and Friends

Klonoa

Reaction score
You all are very hardcore fans and this is a very thourough message board, so I do apologize if I am repeating common knowledge here.

I was watching my DVD of Garfield and Friends and one episode made a Muppet Babies reference (since they were both showing at around the same time, at the time). In this episode, Garfield and Nermal flush some "Evil Mutant Guppies" down the sewer and Garfield says they're being flushed down the river to who knows where. And that's how they end that episode.

But before the credits they show a short U.S. Acres (Orson's Farm) "Quickie" and in it, the Mutant Guppies pop out of the farm well and terrorize Orson and Wade and the animals run away. Then one of the Mutant Guppies looks at the other one and says, "Well this stinks, let's go and see if we can make guest appearances on Muppet Babies" (not a direct quote, but close enough). I thought that was pretty funny. Garfield and Friends and Muppet Babies were great Saturday morning cartoons!

--Klonoa

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
OMG that's so cool! I always watched both those shows after school on Nickelodeon. I bought the Fraggle Rock DVD, and saw the Garfield one close by. Gonna hafta pick it up soon!

Cool find! :wink:

Klonoa

Reaction score
There's actually two Garfield DVDs out now. One is called Garfield as Himself and has three of the prime time Garfield TV specials on it (Here Comes Garfield, Garfield on the Town, and Garfield Gets a Life). The other DVD is a 3 disc set of episodes from the Garfield and Friends TV Saturday morning cartoon. Both are good buys.

--Klonoa

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really want to get this... but I'm wickedly broke... so tell me... do they have all the US Acres quickies and stuff not seen in syndication, or is it just the syndicated version in a boxed set. I'll get it reguardless, but I really want to know.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Well I don't know what was taken out when it was in syndication, but they do have U.S. Acres "Quickies" on the DVD. Except they're not called U.S. Acres, they're called "Orson's Farm," which I think is what it was called outside the US.

--Klonoa

Drtooth

Reaction score
What was taken out

A) The original "Friends are there.." theme was replaced by the third season "We're ready to party" song

B) Most of the shorts, including all US Acres and half the Garfields, and all but one of the "Screaming with Binky's"

I think there were other cuts, but I can't really think of them right now...

Klonoa

Reaction score
On the DVD, the "Friends are there..." song is still intact. As is the Garfield and US Acres short shorts. And there's one Screaming with Binky on the DVD, too. I'm not an expert, but I think these are the original unedited Saturday morning ones on the DVD with nothing cut out, if that helps.

--Klonoa

McFraggle

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
Well I don't know what was taken out when it was in syndication, but they do have U.S. Acres "Quickies" on the DVD. Except they're not called U.S. Acres, they're called "Orson's Farm," which I think is what it was called outside the US.

--Klonoa
That's funny, I didn't know it was called something different outside the U.S..

Erine81981

Reaction score
Have both of the DVD your talking about Klonoa and there a blast to watch. The DVD "Garfield and Friends" is the first and some of the second season. There all in order and when I watch it for the first time I had forgot the the first season had a different theme song. It hadn't rang a bell until the closing theme where Garfield's head is just a little out of reach of the credits and his eyes change from time to time kind of like the old wall clock that when the tail moves so do the eyes. Then I remembered. Oh this brings back so many memories. Oh I can't wait for the the second DVD of the speicals to come out. WOOOO!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
On the DVD, the "Friends are there..." song is still intact. As is the Garfield and US Acres short shorts. And there's one Screaming with Binky on the DVD, too. I'm not an expert, but I think these are the original unedited Saturday morning ones on the DVD with nothing cut out, if that helps.

--Klonoa
Aww! Thanks dude! I was wondering about that stuff. Next 3 DVD's on my to get list (the boxed sets, any way) Bullwinkle season one, ALF, and Garfield and friends!