1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Babies

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by Hilly880, Jun 16, 2002.

1. electricmayhem New Member

>>>Everytime i see your screen name I think "Dirth Nader" LOL!<<<

That's exactly what I was thinking!:)
  2. kansasteen14 New Member

actually when I was going to sleep last night I was thinking and I remembered Robyn.it's really odd how they were just a year or 2 older than Robyn then yet on the muppet show they must be 20 years older.
  3. electricmayhem New Member

Oh yeah,I remember Robyn too now that my memory has been jogged:)
  4. wockawocka New Member

They probably didn't even have a face for her. It would take more of their time to create one, but, yeah, it was supposed to be in a child's view. I guess they thought it brought all of the attention on the babies instead of their Nanny.
  5. Natalie New Member

um, Rachel, first of all, this thread was pretty much over, second, what are you talking about?! it was a cartoon!
  6. radionate New Member

I think what Rachel meant was designing a look for Nanny. Animated or not, a lot of time goes into model sheets, maquettes (excuse the spelling), and other aids to help animators. Creating a character is no simple job.
  7. frogboy4 Inactive Member

On another note, I did meet the voice of Nanny, Barbara Billingsley (aka June Cleaver) a decade ago on a media tour. She was really nice.
  8. Cantus Rock New Member

Jamie you could have done the Muppet Babies theme song with her! "Is everything alright in here?" "Yes Nanny!" :D

-Matt
  9. Ernie101 Active Member

uh oh this is what happens when sisters and sisters fight!
  10. frogboy4 Inactive Member

You know, I never really liked the Muppet Babies cartoon that much. The novelty wore off after the first season or so, but the Little Muppet Monsters portion that fizzled so quickly was my favorite part. I really only like top-shelf animation, but I loved the puppets. I always found it strange that they kept a portion of the Little Muppet Monsters themesong in the Muppet Babies credits. I'd always sing along to it missing these poor forgotten Muppets and wondering if they're still locked in the attic!
  11. crazy ernie New Member

in eight flags over the nursery, the opening narration to kermit's movie sounded alot like jim.
  12. Ernie101 Active Member

ok cool it prolly was his son
  13. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Darth Gonzo, it is so nice to see someone else watch Cow and Chicken here, so I don't feel like a complete schnook!

As for the Muppet Monsters, I completely forgot it. All I remember is the animated versions of Pigs in Space and Kermit P.I. (the film Kermit made in 8 flags episode that crazy ernie talked about). The opening narration WAS Jim, since the clip was made years before Henson died, made in the second season of Muppet babies.

Whatever you say, I'd have to say Frank Welker did a pretty good Kermit, and Greg Berg did a passable Fozzie. The cartoon Piggy is bad. She sounds like a bad impersonation!
  14. Cantus Rock New Member

Well you do have to remember, being they were Babies of the characters, they probably weren't aiming for perfect voice replication. They were most likely aiming for a younger sounding version of each, which I think they got pretty fine with each character. Just a personal opinion though. I think Piggy with her normal deepish voice would have been a bit abrasive on her young character. I watched Cow and Chicken when it was in normal rotation too, by the way! :D

-Matt
  15. DarthGonzo Member

If anyone would like to see it, I've got one episode of Little Muppet Monsters. It's just about 97% complete and Cantus can back me up on that. Right, Cantus?

E-mail me, maybe we can work something out.

End advertisement.
  16. Cantus Rock New Member

Although I haven't been able to watch it yet, I do believe the man speaks truth. Email him, talk, have a few drinks, enjoy.

-Matt
  17. DarthGonzo Member

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

BTW. there's also an animated scene in Little Monster Monsters with Animal practicing gymnastics. Very weird. One scene I did like was with Fozzie (the real Fozzie) demonstrating the mechanics of a joke with the help of an animated chicken on a screen.
  18. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Sorry if I confused you, matt, but I ment the voice of the ADULT Piggy. I mean, I don't really care that the Baby voices are off, since they are babies. Baby Piggy's voice didn't bother me. But, Adult Piggy's cartoon voice sounded like a bad, random impersonation. Did you see the "A Fish called Selma" episode of the Simpsons? Remember how the cartoon Piggy in that episode sounded? Dan Castleneta (sp) better known as Homer would have done a much better job than whoever voiced Adult Piggy. Heck, I sound more like Piggy than that.
  19. Cantus Rock New Member

Oh, okay I get ya bro. Yeah, I guess I agree with that to some extent. I haven't seen the Simpsons episode your talking about, but maybe I'll make an effort to see it now. :)

-Matt