Muppet Book Idea!

Koozbanian Foob

Reaction score
Tell me this isn't the coolest idea for a book you've heard in a while...

A Muppet DK Book! An illustrated encyclopedia of the Muppets!

I was going through my book collection and was floored by the incredible level of detail and quality that has gone into the DK books. In addition, DK is now producing books on such subjects as Star Wars, Superman and the X-Men.

Imagine:

*A 1 or 2 page overview of major characters like Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, etc., with 1 page coverage on more minor characters.

*A Cross-section of the muppet theatre, muppet labs and even the bridge of the swine trek.

*A brief history of the Muppets from Henson's earliest works to the new Fox series 9or at least AVMMC.

What does everyone think? Should we write letters to DK, or am I just nuts? :crazy:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Koozbanian Foob
What does everyone think? Should we write letters to DK, or am I just nuts? :crazy:
Do the research, provide addresses and email addresses and fax numbers and phone numbers for whoever DK is, and then write the letters and call them and get to work! Lead by example.

Also, you're nuts.

But that's a good thing around here.

FOZ:embarrassed:

Koozbanian Foob

Reaction score
You got it!

First, it occurs to me that some of you may not be familiar with DK books. Trust me...you've see them in your local Barnes & Nobles or Border a million times. Check out http www.dk.com or http://us.dk.com/?11CS^.

I'll get the appropriate information together as soon as I can.

In the meantime, due yourselves a favor and take a look at the job they've done with Superman, Batman and Star Wars by looking these books up on their site, and then at your local bookstore. DK has recenttly done a Disney Ultimate Visual Guide as well. Very impressive!

More to come...

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Great idea, Foob. Those books do look impressive.

If DK likes the idea, and is looking for an out-of-work writer with only 1 paid credit to his name to write the text, I know just the guy... :wink:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Oooooh, my brother has one of those for Star Wars.....I used to look up stuff in it whenever I got confused when he'd talk a/b Star Wars! That'd be the COOLEST thing for the Muppets!!!!!
....Oh, yes, and we LIKE nuts around here!!! (Mmmm...Cashews! :wink: )

Pitfallharry

Reaction score
I think it's a great idea for a book. If timed correctly (with the release of a new Muppets series), it should be an easy sell. I say put together a pitch and contact DK about it. (Or even Henson about it).

And yeah, if you're looking for a writer, I know just the guy too. :big_grin: :big_grin: :wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know this is a ten-year-old thread and I started another thread about it last week, but there finally will be a DK book about Muppets. A "Muppet Character Encyclopedia", coming February 7.