Muppet Books, please help.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Ok, I'm looking for all the books about TMS and SS cast, henson, and everything else regarding the muppets.. I'm also looking for good puppetry resources.

I really can't find a lot of long books on these topics.. please help me.. Thank you..

Drake.

P.S hit me with all you have. :stick_out_tongue: :wink:

Ernie101

Reaction score
Holy spit! You're awesome! More, more...

BEAR

Reaction score
i also have an old book that was published in the early 70s about Sesame Street. It is out of print now but it is called All About Sesame Street. Only a couple years into the show's run.

Jinx

Reaction score
A&E's Biography did an excellent program on Sesame Street, and it is available on video. Check it out at
http://store.aetv.com/html/search/index.jhtml?search=sesame+street

Buck's list above is excellent. If you're extremely fortunate you might come across a copy of Of Muppets and Men by Christopher Finch. Considered by many to be the "holy grail" of Muppet books, it is a detailed look at the production of The Muppet Show.

Whatever

Reaction score
I was at Borders to buy Harry Potter and the Half-Blooded Prince (which is awesome!) and I saw a really neat book about puppetry. It is Puppetry: A World History by Eileen Blumenthal. It is a really nice, thick book with lots of pictures. It is also expensive: it cost $68. It mentions Jim Henson and the Muppets in many places and several pictures, but only briefly.

It thanked Cheryl Henson for "moral and more substantial support" (or something like that) so I think she had a part in it. The author also mentioned she had a lot of access to the Henson archives, and thanked someone else for that.

This seemed to be a great source of information!

Sorry for double-posting this; I wanted to make sure everyone who might be interested heard about it!

Ernie101

Reaction score
Thank you all, you have no idea how much you have helped me.

doctort13

Reaction score
You're welcome

This is one of the cool things about the puppetry community, everyone is willing to help eachother and share information. I am sure that you will be able to help someone out one day.