Muppet Books Review

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Yesterday i ordered 4 new muppet books and i already bought a 5th one a couple days ago
The book i have is The Muppets: The Movie Junior Novel
the ones i ordered off walmart.com are
1 The Muppets: The Reusable Sticker Book
2 The Muppets: Theater Stage Set
3 The Muppets: Meet the Muppets
4 The Muppets: I am Kermit the Frog

i might be picking up a copy of The Muppets: Lights Camera Action! Fan Book

ill have reviews when they get here between wenedsday and friday

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've seen all these books at Books-A-Million today and glanced through them (I only purchased the movie junior novelization), and noticed that hardly any obscure characters besides Uncle Deadley appear in the books; The most obscure ones I spotted are Sweetums and The Newsman.

I was hoping that the sticker books at least would have included more characters (though to be honest my hopes were killed when I first saw the covers online).

muppetlover123

Reaction score
im still waiting for mine but do all the books have walter or 80s robot or the moopets in them other then the novelization i have that one

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I can't remember if I saw '80s Robot, but I Am Kermit the Frog and Meet the Muppets do have Walter and the Moopets (I don't think it shows the Moopets outside of Kermit reuniting with Fozzie).

I didn't notice them in the sticker books.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It appears that "I Am Kermit the Frog" and "Meet the Muppets" are adaptations of the movie, but they don't appear to be too detailed or spoilery. "I Am Kermit the Frog" focuses more on Kermit, with the beginning being based a bit on The Muppet Movie (Kermit deciding to leave the swamp to go to hollywood, meeting Fozzie, and then other Muppets joining them, complete with Sweetums chasing the car, though '80s Robot is driving the car here) before talking about their success, then the Muppets splitting up, and then the Muppets getting together like in the movie.

"Meet the Muppets" seems to focus on Walter. It focuses on Walter (and Gary and Mary) traveling to LA to find the theater, them finding out about Tex Richman's plans, them going to reunite the Muppets, and Walter trying to figure out his talent (with a title like "Meet the Muppets", I would have expected it to talk about the various characters in better detail).

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow...that's kinda weird how they incorporated the 80s Robot into the original movie, although I LOVE the idea of a book which meshes TMM into the continueing plot of TM. Guess it shows that it is a direct(ish) sequel of approximately how they met, how they broke up and how they met again.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've only bought The Junior Movie Novel, but I've looked at the other books in the store a few times, especially the early readers. In Meet the Muppets, when Kermit gets the others back together, most of those circumstances seem to take place in just one page (though Gonzo's and I think Piggy's last two pages).

Some of the characters share a page. For example, one page shows the gang reuniting The Electric Mayhem at the top of the page, and Rowlf at the bottom half. There's a funny line where Rowlf asks why he doesn't get a full page; the reason being that the book doesn't have enough room. And it mentions what Bunsen, Beaker, and Sam have been up to, and also says they picked up Sweetums and The Swedish Chef, without saying where they were or what they were doing.

Interestingly, The Junior Movie Novel provides a bit of paragraphs-to-chapters on Kermit reuniting with Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, and Miss Piggy, and also quickly mentioning the gang reuniting with the other characters mentioned. And yet neither book says anything about them reuniting with Scooter. I thought I read that Scooter worked at Google before the Muppets reunite, but it's not mentioned in either book. I wonder if the movie actually will say where Scooter is.

Though in the thread about a preview screening the person who saw the preview mentioned what characters are shown being reunited, and then mentioning that others (without naming names) are shown in a montage. I can't remember if that user mentioned the movie showing them meeting up with Scooter.