1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Central Chat Room ?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Luke, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Luke

Luke Active Member

About 40 people online at the same time every single night and nowhere for us to exchange idle gossip about Muppet lingerie!

If anyone wants Phil to proceed as fast as his froggy little legs can carry him with sorting out a chat room gimme a 'he-ll yeah'
  2. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Luke,

Im not gonna be naughty again, So ill say **** Yeah !

(I put those *'s there myself folks!)

I just wanna know why Luke is online at 3:06 in the morning...

See yas
  3. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

Yeah a chat room would rock. What is the status on that?
  4. AbbessBryony

AbbessBryony New Member

Yeah! When are we going to get a chat room?
  5. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

We understand that chat is something many of you would like to see return and we hear what you are saying. Everyone's opinions are valued. We are working on a variety of projects right now, but we'll try to test some chat alternatives later this summer.

A few weeks ago, Rick did present a stable chat solution for everyone here to use and few took advantage of that opportunity. It may be something to look into in the meantime.
  6. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

ToughPigs has a chat room.

TP Chat

I think there's a live chat forum at livejournal too, but I haven't gone there in ages.
  7. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah as Scarecroe mentioned, Toughpigs has a Delphi chat room so seeing as people are used to Delphi we might as well all use that for now. Perhaps people could post in this thread when they know a Toughpigs chat is happening or planned to happen so that all the (chat starved) Muppet Central people have the opportunity to join in.

To start off with - Toughpigs usually has an organised chat every Sunday night at 8pm Eastern Time (1am in the UK, 2am CET). All the usual friendly folks are there so come and join in this (and every) Sunday over at The Toughpigs Chat Room

I'll try to keep this thread open with other Muppet chats as and when i know they are happening.
  8. Luke

Luke Active Member

Hey guys, the Toughpigs chatroom is now open for anyone who wants to chat while browsing Muppet Central - just click here and it should open up in a new window !
  9. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

wow, 71 users online. well, if everybody posts real fast it can be like chat^_^
  10. Luke

Luke Active Member

Ahhhh Chat - if only !
  11. Luke

Luke Active Member

I wanted to mention this but had nowhere to do it so here i am - there are 72 people online right now (or at least they have been recently cos i know that the cookies keep you logged in for at least an hour or so). Wow !

Worryingly enough - Jim Henson is listed as having been at the forum, i guess he just can't resist 'Asking Ken' either !
  12. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Luke,

I think maybe that name should be changed ?
  13. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Yes, i think using Jim's name as a screen-name is to step out of line a little bit.
  14. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah, i do think it could be seen as in bad taste once someone starts posting under the name.
  15. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

I wrote the individual when they registered (about an hour ago) concerning the name.
  16. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

I would like to announce that i have now a chatroom on my website. That's all there is at the moment, haha. I still need some ideas for the webpage, but feel free to chat ;)

Muppetlabs is here
  17. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

borkbork:

well post on here when there is a scheduled chat, as even on toughpigs no one seems to be there on sundays. also, cant wait til ya add more muppet art, your muppet art on there has a ncie minimalistic yet soft look!
  18. Luke

Luke Active Member

I have access to a java chat room that isnt IRC based, and is probably easier than anything on Delphi or most of the other scripts out there. I wouldn't mind hosting it from my servers as some kind of a temporary solution for muppet fans but people need to know where it is, perhaps if the location could be made 'sticky' or something. You just type a nick and it pops up in a window half delphi chat size so it wouldn't stop people surfing away from the site either.

I guess it depends how concerned we are round here that there is some kind of temporary thing till the summer.
  19. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

Hate to tell you there Luke, but it *is* summer.
  20. Luke

Luke Active Member

Maybe for you babe but it's thundering outside here in ol' Great Britain !