Muppet Central Website Help

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings from the Count! As you're well aware, due to my degree of blindness and computer illiteracy, noticeably not as great a computer sabe forum member as some other tek-heavy hitters, I've got a few questions for using the website.
1 If I want to create a poll I know that I have to submit or post a new thread. But how exactly do I go about in creating and effectively posting that poll?
2 I'd like to listen to MC radio, but can't have it perpetually playing on my computer cause it'd drown out my screenreader program, essential to my personal computer use. How do I install MC radio and how do I place a sort of On/Off switch to turn it on when I'm not using my computer's screenreader program and turn it off when I'm using it?
Please respond ASAP with step-by-step instructions on achieving both of these goals. Thanks for your help and promptness, and have a good night.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1 If I want to create a poll I know that I have to submit or post a new thread. But how exactly do I go about in creating and effectively posting that poll?

Only moderators can start polls. E-mail me the poll you would like to start and I will begin it for you.

2 I'd like to listen to MC radio, but can't have it perpetually playing on my computer cause it'd drown out my screenreader program, essential to my personal computer use. How do I install MC radio and how do I place a sort of On/Off switch to turn it on when I'm not using my computer's screenreader program and turn it off when I'm using it?

I don't know for sure if this is what you are asking, but in order to listen to MC Radio. Please do the following...

1. Go to www.muppetcentral.com/radio/index.shtml

2. Click on the yellow "Listen to Muppet Central Radio" link

3. The first time you listen to Muppet Central Radio, you will need to select an audio player. This can be done in two simple steps.

When you click on the little yellow speaker button, a popup window will appear. Then, follow the prompts and either select our recommended player, Player365 or you can choose from a variety of other audio players. Your performance will vary that is why we recommended Player365 for the best listening experience. The small plug-in will automatically download in a few seconds. When you listen, the player will connect you if for some reason your connection is lost.

If you need further help, please let us know.

Luke

Reaction score
Count,

Just to add to what Phillip said, once you actually do install the MC Radio player there is a mute button, and volume buttons on the player console. I cannot give step by step instructions about exactly where they are but maybe you can get your family to point it out but yes, it is possible.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings from the Count! Hello Phil, thanks for
posting in the thread I made asking for help with
posting a poll on the website. Unfortunately, due to
my research, I'm not sure how to proceed. The poll I
wanted to create was one where I'd ask the forum
members to vote on whether or not certain characters
from Muppet productions should be included in my
master Muppet Listings. The thing is that each
production so far boasts at least 30 additional
characters to consider. So you see, I believe that
the best thing to do is set up multiple polls for each
production I'd like the forum members to vote on.
Unless you feel that due to the polls' similar
purpose, inclusion of the various characters in my
listing, the whole thing should comprise one big ol'
poll. Let me know what we can do about the poll
situation by replying to
voltbats@yahoo.com.
If you
think that multiple polls would be best, then let me
know in your reply as well and I'll send you what I've
got to date. Thanks for your help and promptness, and
have a good day.