Muppet Channel?

grail

Reaction score
not offended, per se...just pointing out the irony in calling what is probably the one network that doesn't treat children as stupid "dumb"

Luke

Reaction score
UUUUUum theres new He-Man and Transformers coming out ? I never knew that. Oh i hope they keep it close to the original and don't revamp it that much - these are properties not to be messed with !

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

The Kermit Channel was in Asia, I think it is Hallmark now tho.

It wasnt Non Stop Muppets anyway, Just the same kind of Line Up as Hallmark or Odyssey.

I think it spelt that wrong.

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
Thanks Warrick - yeah i knew it was someplace far away but couldn't remember ! LOL !

beaker

Reaction score
>>>while i agree that a Muppet Channel would be great, i have to find fault with calling Cartoon Network "dumb". they have some of the best original programming out there (Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls<<<

You just pointed out examples of why I dont watch it. I think all these shows, and like Johnny Bravo, cow and chicken...etc they all seem like a throwback to bad animation and quick ADD strobe light cheapism. It amazes me how truly edgy stuff like Invader zim gets cancelled, when cheap fodder like most of Cartoon Network's programming seems to command such ratings. However, I do respect the channel for their anime content, as they seem to be the only channel with cajones to show the good stuff. As well as getting Transformers.

We need a 24 hour anime channel and a 24 hour jhc channel.
oh how such would be sweet.

grail

Reaction score
beaker

do you get the action channel? they have a tendency to show some pretty decent anime during the weekend. a lot of blue seed, and other things that are a bit more random. all in all, good stuff.

i agree about invader zim, but i think nick just didn't know what to do with it. had it ended up on cartoon network, it'd probaly be bigger than the powerpuff girls.

i also have to disagree about "ADD strobe light cheapism". to some extent you have a point, but some of the writing is so good it's scary. i mean, i've found Monty Python references in PPG. dexter is one of those cartoons that is guarenteed to make me laugh no matter how many times i've seen the same ep (if you don't believe me, watch the one where dexter gets zapped into the video game a couple hundred times...when they show "master computer", it's still hilarious). johnny bravo is what i watch when i feel like watching the high-school jock/moron get what's coming too him. and Space Ghost C2C is about the most brilliant thing i've ever seen. and let's not forget, this is the network that brings us Samarai Jack and Justice League (and soon Teen Titans), and has the pure SACK required to run things like, well, their entire Adult Swim project (they've even picked up shows that were "too much" for networks like the Oblongs, deuting this weekend).

Luke

Reaction score
I have to agree with the Cormeister - i can't stand all this new fangled animation, either on Nick or Cartoon Network. I love the old classics and the 80's stuff, so i'm glad retro is coming back in !

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I have to agree with the Cormeister - i can't stand all this new fangled animation, either on Nick or Cartoon Network. I love the old classics and the 80's stuff, so i'm glad retro is coming back in !
Yes, I think the '80s was the high point of children's entertainment, especially on Saturday mornings. I literally think no other decade even compares.

Though I do have to say, I've seen "SpongeBog SquarePants", and it is cute! Lol! :big_grin:

Alicia_14

Reaction score
Rock on Beaker u have said it to a tee! Cow and Chicken as opposed to Muppet Babies. You take your pick. As for me, Muppet babies will win out on a stupid cartoon (yes, stupid) about two farm animals with fake from-where accents.

grail

Reaction score
the problem is that it sounds like you are basing your opinion of a whole network on cow and chicken. yes the show is horrible, i agree with that...but Cartoon Network itself has some really GREAT programming