Muppet Christmas Carol

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Okay, this is one of my least fave films. Some people feel really passionate about it and it's a well-crafted film, but I don't like the Muppets being pushed in the background by anyone (including the brilliant Sir Michael Caine). Some cite the Great Muppet Caper having that issue, but the humans were more integrated in the film rather than being the stars.

That being said, I loved the sets! Just beautiful look to this film. Brian Henson has a way of giving these pictures a near epic sweep to the shots that makes us feel we are in a real world. Fantastic.

My favorite characters would include:

Ghost of Christmas Past - Not a very traditional Muppet Show-like character but an incredibly dynamic and interesting puppet

Gonzo - Showed his strength and appeal when by practically carrying the Muppet end of the film. His chemistry with Rizzo was magic.

The Mice - Such a tiny part of the film, but stole all the scenes they were in.

My favorite scenes would have to include:
The Ghost of Christmas Past, of course. Fozziewig's party (the most Muppet-like scene in the picture) and the opening sequence. Beautiful camera work and puppet choreography.

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Favourite Muppet - The Ghost of Xmas Present and Tiny Tim.

Favourtie scene - the 'bless us all song' and the start of the movie where it mentions Jim and Richard are both real tear-jerkers and I love all the songs in it.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I love MCC so much :smile:

My favorite character(s):
Well, Gonzo and Rizzo for sure. I also like the Ghost of Christmas Present, and Robin as Tiny Tim, Sam Eagle as the teacher..Statler and Waldorf as Marley and Marley..alright, I could go on and on.

My Favorite scenes:
Hmm, how bout all of it. This is hard. I love all the song numbers and the funny lines like "I forgot my jellybeans". The ending always makes me cry, as do all "A Christmas Carol" endings.

pezbalubah

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite muppet productions, the darkest they have ever gotten, and well balanced with humor. I'd like to see them do more dark stuff, possibly if they wind up doing one of those Haunted House/Monster scripts, The music is great, "It feels like Christmas" always gets stuck in my head after watching it. "Love is Gone" and the reprise "Love we Found" are great tear-jerking songs. This movie is almost like the sadness of "I'm going to go back there someday" times 10.

I like the teaming of Gonzo and Rizzo alot, I don't feel it's been overdone, Gonzo was really only with Rizzo in one scene in MCM. This film really showcases the talent of both Michael Cane and the muppeteers. Michael Cane delivers a brilliant performance, deeper than most actors on "adult" films, as well as the muppets becoming so believable that I feel more empathy for Tiny Tim, a piece of fabric than alot of other live action films that attempt to get a reaction.

Tonichelle

Reaction score
1) Who's your favourite Muppet character in the movie?

I'll agree with the nominations of Statler and Waldorf as well as Rizzo and Gonzo... I'd also nominate Sam for his "It is the British way!" :wink:

2) What are your favourite scenes?

Marley and Marley, The Love is Gone, and the one where Kermit and Robin do their duet... as well as the part where Gonzo and Rizzo climb the wall and then Rizzo goes underneath it to get the candy.... :lol:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Originally posted by pezbalubah
I like the teaming of Gonzo and Rizzo alot, I don't feel it's been overdone, Gonzo was really only with Rizzo in one scene in MCM.
Yes, but they were also teamed up in Mupp. Treasure Island AND Muppet Classic Theater AND Muppets from Space. No one was complaining about MCM. It was the other 10 years' worth of productions. :wink:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
After this thread I couldn't resist watching MCC last night while I packed up my room

Manda:-D

Reaction score
"Storytellers are omniscient, we know everything!"
(Hehe...One of my favorite lines!) Favorite characters:Robin as Tiny Tim, Gonzo & Rizzo, the Cratchit girls, Bean, (though his part was small), Joe, (the HUGE spider....where was he FROM?), Ghosts of Christmas Past & Present, (both were VERY well done), and the mice.
Fave scenes: The opening sequence, b/f the "Scrooge song starts, (the whole thing just looks SOO beautiful), ANY Gonzo & Rizzo scene, the opening "Scrooge" number, the scenes w/Beaker & Bunsen, (espec. when Beaker gives Scrooge his scarf), the scene in Scrooge's old classroom, ("It is the BRITISH way!"), Fozziewig's Christmas party, Scrooge's conversation w/Fred, ("Well...Not QUITE speechless."), the WHOLE scene in the Cratchit home, but espec. "Bless Us All", the skating penguins, when Tiny Tim died, when the pigs were talking a/b Scrooge's death, Marley & Marley's song, Scrooge after he changed, his conversation w/Bean, andwhen he shows up at the Cratchit house, ("And I am about to raise you right off the pavement-Pardon?" "Pardon?") It just seems SO VERY Kermit & Piggy...ish!!!!

Movies205

Reaction score
IMO it the best Christmas Carol version out there, it just such a great movie still keeping that wacky tone we know from the muppets while still being dark at the same time.