Muppet Christmas Display at Macy's in NYC

DonnaMusic

Reaction score
I just saw the finished Macy's windows...and....
WOW!!!

They are beautiful...I only wish I had come to Muppetcentral in time to have known about the unveiling and to see the live Kermit (Steve's, not the costumed character) there!!

The windows are truly amazing, and I suspected that that many of them were actual muppet puppets, now I read here that it's true. I was certain of this because if you look at some of them, esp. Robin and Statler and Waldorf in particular, they have that "worn" look, and Statler and Waldorf's skin looks a little dirty! This is the actual thing! Most of the others look "life-like" as well, though most of the others have the more bright coloring that means they could be newer muppets, or ones that haven't been used so much.

All of your favorite characters are there....ALL of the main and fairly main crew are included. Except perhaps Sweetums, but they couldn't cram him into a window! even some more random ones are included, and there is even Beauregard and a Muppet pit orchestra in a version of the muppet theatre (as my friend pointed out, though, Nigel isn't conducting)....and the Electric Mayhem are there looking great as ever...even Janice. Rizzo and several of his rat friends, Pepe, it's just adorable. My friend and I also noted that they are showing the TV movie in a window and he was saying "Wow...before the release?" I didn't have a camera with me....I don't even know if a still camera can get a decent shot of the windows, but I'll try!

-Jennifer

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
-Jennifer

thanks for that info jennifer! WOW! Hey do they have Rowlf there? If they do what's he doing? beside being displayed in a window;-)

Zack)Rowlf the, 2002 the year the muppets strike back!Dog.

Foreignman

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
WOW! Hey do they have Rowlf there? If they do what's he doing? beside being displayed in a window;-)

Zack)Rowlf the, 2002 the year the muppets strike back!Dog.
I was there yesterday, went three times over the course of the day, and it is genuinley AMAZING! I'll talk about it more later, but just to answer your question, Zack, Rowlf is their! He's in the Muppet Theatre window where Miss Piggy is performing the Moulin Scrooge part of the new movie. Rowlf is in the Orchestra pit, and he's playing the Piano. It is also worth mentioning that he looks fantastic, if you passed the window and didn't take into account the repative motion, you could swear this is the real Rowlf.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I was there yesterday, went three times over the course of the day, and it is genuinley AMAZING! I'll talk about it more later, but just to answer your question, Zack, Rowlf is their! He's in the Muppet Theatre window where Miss Piggy is performing the Moulin Scrooge part of the new movie. Rowlf is in the Orchestra pit, and he's playing the Piano. It is also worth mentioning that he looks fantastic, if you passed the window and didn't take into account the repative motion, you could swear this is the real Rowlf.

WOW!!!!! (falls on floor) if you do happen to take a video camra down there, i'l be glad to fork over a little cash for a copy of the video! thank you again for that info!

Zack) Rowlf the,ah, muppets, good old muppets,Dog.

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
OK, I am going today and I have my digital camera.

I'll see what I can do...

Hill

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hill,

Please take a video camera, I would love to have video of this !

See ya

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
OK, so there are no words in the English language to describe how cool the windows are. I was squealing like Miss Piggy, no lie, and my eyes were tearing up. I am a huge freak. Regardless, I took lots of pictures and some mpeg videos of the windows. Bare in mind that it was during the day, so there is glare and that it is NY so there were millions of people around but some of them are really good and for those that are far away it should give you a good idea of what you are missing. Oh my gosh, though, words cannot describe how cool they are. I will download the pics from my camera when I get home from work and then pass them along to everyone. I tried to do the best I can for you all, because no Muppet fan should miss this.

On a side note, the little of the new movie I saw looks hysterical. I am so excited, I need to be like sedated. Esp since the process caused me to take a rather long lunch and so I must work extra hard so they don't hate me.

Oh and Warrick, I hope the mpegs are ok. It would be rather hard to smuggle a video camera into work. I will look at what I got, though and if it isn't that great, i may try that.

there is a god and he has smiled upon us with piles of green kermits!!!!

SO hyper right now with Muppety goodness...

Pics to come once I am home...
Hill:big_grin: :smile: :big_grin: :smile: :big_grin: :smile: :big_grin: :smile: :big_grin:

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Sent the pics to Phil to post on Muppet Central for all to see.

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Oh, cool, you took pics too? Can I see them? Hopefully you were better at avoiding glare than I. :smile:

As I said, mine will go to Phil once I get home.

If your pictures came out well, Bean, I'd love to see them!

Hill

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hill,

Please try and take a video Camera down there, Id love to see a video of this !

And i bet lots more people would to !

A photo cant move around the window sets, And zoom in on Muppets faces !

Its a must !

See ya