1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Christmas Replica Pictures

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by rtgentry, Nov 30, 2009.

1. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

Hey guys, I was thinking about this and I got roll fast if I can get it together. I wanted to offer christmas pics with the muppets (posers) at our local college. I have a sample pic coming soon but basically its animal hanging on top of the tree with kermit hanging off the side and trying to get gonzo wrapped up in garland hanging from the ceiling. Then the kids or family can stand in front of the tree setting and we take their pic. Kinda like a santa pic.
    I was also thinking about showing a muppet christmas movie in their media room. My wife works there and is trying to get it approved. Its a free event for the community so I am thinking I wont have any trouble with Diz.

Ideas? Comments?
  2. GonzoLover85

GonzoLover85 Member

Sounds like a cool idea.
    Too bad more posers weren't available yet... maybe next Christmas.

I suggest, if you have it, show Muppet Family Christmas. So that even the kids that aren't really familiar with the Muppets themselves will hopefully recognize Sesame Street characters.

I think a fun spin-off of this idea would be to have our MC members make up their own "Christmas cards" using their own posers, then posting the pics up here for everyone to enjoy.
  3. TML

TML Active Member

Pics of the Muppets helping me decorate

So I have always wanted a Muppet display in my house for the holidays, I mean who here hasn't? Well this year I took the time to do it. I have the Kermit and Gonzo Master Replicas which I posted a link to a few pics last year, but I added 3 of my own puppet replicas to create something I am proud of and love. Animal, Rizzo, and Elmo are homemade puppets and the other two are MR Posers. Gosh how I wish :o and :mad: were there. I hope it brings a smile to your face this holiday season. Cheers!

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e238/toddscustomfigures/Muppet Christmas pics 2009/
  4. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

5. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

I have a dumb question...can the replicas be made into puppets? I mean is there a way to make a hand hole to use it as a puppet?
  6. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

7. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

8. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

9. statler salad

statler salad Member

I love your pics. I want an Elmo just like yours! Did you make it yourself, or did you purchase it? I need to know where I can get my hands on one!
  10. TML

TML Active Member

I built Elmo myself using the Mostro puppet pattern from Project Puppet. It had to be altered a little, but that was the basis I used for it.
  11. statler salad

statler salad Member

So can I ask, have you had any previous experience making puppets, how difficult was it to build etc - I'd really love a go at making an Elmo, but I doubt it'd turn out as good as yours!
  12. DrmaticEmphasis

DrmaticEmphasis New Member

13. TML

TML Active Member

So can I ask, have you had any previous experience making puppets, how difficult was it to build etc - I'd really love a go at making an Elmo, but I doubt it'd turn out as good as yours!

The Rizzo and Animal in the picture are also home made puppets, but they were made primarily by my friend and I assisted. I learned helping him and reading tons of stuff on the internet. I figured I could tackle Elmo because he was so close to the Mostro pattern. It just took some alterations to the pattern.
  14. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

so u have made a rowlf and fozzie
  15. jimmymontana

jimmymontana Member

Hey Guys,

I know this is a bit of an old thread but it's the festive season I thought I would post some pictures of my replicas getting ready for Christmas!

Here they are wrapping a few presents and decorating the tree:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    j3h and Kermieuk like this.