Muppet Christmas Special.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
the 1 with John Denver. It's been years since I've seen it and while I can't remember witch verse of the 12 Days of Christmas each Muppet sang I know Denver sang the Partridge in a pair tree part and Miss Piggy sang the 5 golden Rings verse, I thought it was Kermit who sang the 2 turtle doves verse but I can always rememebr hearing recordings of it with fozzie singing the turtle doves verse. have I been wrong all these years about witch verses the 2 sung or was there a record version of the show witch some of the things were a little bit different? just like many songs on the SS albums were different from when they were sung on the TV show.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I haven't seen this special, but it's possible that some of the songs were re-recorded for the album. I think some of the songs on the album weren't in the special, and I know that Louise Gold sang in the album but didn't perform in the special.

BEAR

Reaction score
A Partridge In a Pear Tree: John Denver
2 Turtle Doves: Fozzie Bear
3 French Hens: Gonzo
4 Calling Birds: Robin
5 Gold Rings: Miss Piggy
6 Geese a'Laying: Scooter
7 Swans s'Swimming: Lew Zealand
8 Maids a'Milking: Rowlf the Dog
9 Ladies Dancing: Bunsen & Beaker
10 Lords a'Leaping: Statler & Waldorf
11 Pipers Piping: Beauregard
12 Drummers Drumming: Kermit the Frog

This is who sang what. Also, Minor Muppets is right, there are other songs from the Special that are not included on the CD, including the Electric Mayhem singing "Little St. Nick" and Rowlf and John's rendition of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas". Those songs are not on the CD I have, but were strangely on the tape version that I used to have a long time ago. Hope this helps a little.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
must have been about 1979 or 80 or at least that's when I 1st saw it.Denver also made an appearance of TMS as well.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I have this special but for some reason it won't copy onto another DVD but anyways, it's a weird special including some religous content "Little Saint Nick" is one of the songs NOT in the special as well as "When the River Meets the Sea."

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I have the album, but not the special. I was a little surprised that Annie Sue (Louise) had a line in "Deck the Halls." It didn't seem like she was there with the other Muppets.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I have the album, but not the special. I was a little surprised that Annie Sue (Louise) had a line in "Deck the Halls." It didn't seem like she was there with the other Muppets.
She wasn't in the special, the only muppet on the special that didn't sing on the album was Link Hogthrob. And instead of Robin and Gonzo singing "Christmas is Coming" it was Lew Zealand and Beaker starting it.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Re: cut songs on the John Denver/Muppets CD -

When the soundtrack to "A Christmas Together" was rereleased, I think the songs "Little St. Nick" and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" were cut from the original soundtrack recording because of copyright issues.

What surprises me is the cutting of "When the River Meets the Sea" from the rerelease, because that song was written specifically for a Jim Henson/Muppet production. I'm just...not seeing the logic in that one.

-Kim