Muppet Cigarbands

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Really ? but you could earn valuable posting points telling it, thats unlike you !

BTW isn't this 150 second limit a ****** <<<

hey some say ******, i say ******...either way i hate that rule.
I try to have something somewhat intelligent in all my posts as to not seem like im just forum polluting for ranking status^_^

btw, did you know i add a 'u' in all my spellings of 'our' words? humour, colour, armour...mmmhmmm, and ive also been getting a hold of uk dvds(thank goodness for no region dvd players!)
i wonder what's next...using words like stonking and bloke?

btw, what posting points?

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah when i was at school the English teacher used to really tick me off for using American spellings !

I always try to have something relavant to say, but intelligence is pushing it at 1am in the morning.

BTW - does anyone here have the Simpsons Season One DVD, is the audio level fairly low ? I just picked up the american region 1 today and it seems wierd.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I always try to have something relavant to say, but intelligence is pushing it at 1am in the morning.

BTW - does anyone here have the Simpsons Season One DVD, is the audio level fairly low ? I just picked up the american region 1 today and it seems wierd<<<

I havent picked it up yet. Personally its the more recent seasons that really interest me, tho Ive been watching since the beginning
(tho some of the more recent seasons seem more for creep out weird factor, I have enjoyed the late 90's/early 2000's seasons a lot) hmm, the audio is weird? its not the ntsc back to pal conversion is it? Im curious Luke...just what euro dvd exclusives are out there JHC wise? I know they are ahead with farscapes...in NL they have storyteller. France soon gets FR.
does the uk have any uk dvd exclsuives muppet wise i should be ordering? I mean book and rizzo stuff wise they sure do!

eeek, i forget how late it is in europe around this time. hehe
wow, this is like chat, except really slow! (I wonder if we'll see a JHC sell before chat is implemented here?) j/k, i know Phil is busy enuff as it is maintaining everything:wink:

Luke

Reaction score
I think Phil has mentioned he has some chat solutions ready for testing - possibly it could be a case of bandwidth. Anyway i created a temporary little thing at www.muppetchat.cjb.net if thats any good to you.

The only DVD Exclusives i can think of are 'Best Of The Muppet Show' which has 'Of Muppets and Men' as an extra. Also there are plenty of Hoobs DVD's out here, and i'm not sure but i think our 'Bear' stuff is slightly different from the states in some cases. Oh i think we have the Storyteller too !

Yeah as for the DVD it could be the NTSC to PAL thing though i am using a scart lead. I didn't realise that this would make the audio level drop, it's the first region 1 DVD i've bought so when i get some more i guess i'll know for sure.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
So what is the **** ****'ing Joke then ?
OMG Luke, did you even hear about MuppetFest? Apparently not, cause everybody knows about "the joke". :rolleyes:

:stick_out_tongue:

beaker

Reaction score
...about muppetfest...

lets just say there were more than a few *ahem* surprisingly 'inappropriate' moments. danny at TP has some seriosuly great recaps of all the mayhem. heh

http://toughpigs.com/myweekmuppetfest.htm
(got to saturday; part 2 for just some of what transpired)

but i think in the nature of muppetfest, which itself seemed a bit chaotic, on the cuff planned, and offbeat for sure(I mean bear doing the cha cha cha on stage followed in right after JH's almost r rated bizarre time piece short) it all seemed to somehow fit together. and what, youve never heard kermit use than kind of language before?(ie: the sales pitch reel) or seen a muppet cap another muppet in the head?(ie: beatnik meat commercials) oh yeah, definately a con for the gorwnups^_^

Luke

Reaction score
Y'know this is beginning to not be funny !

*Tosses Penguin*

Actually Byron, i'd love there to be Janice AND Mokey puppets at the next Muppetfest, stick you between them and do a photo - i think that'd be a kodak moment !

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Y'know this is beginning to not be funny !<<<

was this thread ever spose to be funny? :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
How can you not laugh at Cigar bands ???

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Actually Byron, i'd love there to be Janice AND Mokey puppets at the next Muppetfest, stick you between them and do a photo - i think that'd be a kodak moment !
I AGREE, LUKE!!!

:big_grin:

Though, if it's a Byron sandwich with Janice and Mokey bread, things might get a li'l inappropriate...

:wink:

Okay, we're gettin' into a weird area here . . . :embarrassed: