1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Classic Theatre

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Ol' Buddy Bert, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Ol' Buddy Bert

Ol' Buddy Bert New Member

You know, out of all the projects the Henson company has undertaken in the past 10 years I see very, very little written about this project. It's almost as though it doesn't exist here in the minds of those in the muppet central forum.

I was wondering what y'all thought of the program.

My take, I think it has some nice moments but it feels like the performers are still finding their feet as though they weren't quite comfortable with the script. However, watching it now, I like it much more than I did when it first came out.

Whay do you think?

Scott (who someday hopes to be a "junior" no more)
  2. Jivepuppet

Jivepuppet Member

I liked it. It wasn't great but at the time at least it was something! I think it was made during the production of Treasure Island, as a straight to video release, and I don't think it's ever been on TV, but i could be wrong.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I never saw it, and I saw the video for sale for 6 bucks one day and never saw it again! The store closed down before I had money to buy it!
  4. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Hey!! I had never heard of this video until I saw it in a sale bin one day. I automatically bought it without even thinking. When I first watched I wasn't too impressed. I mean, you really get stuck on 'classic' Muppets and this just kind of took me by surprise. I really learned to appreciate it after I watched it for a second time though. You always have to watch Muppet stuff over and over again to catch all the subliminal jokes etc. I remember I thought MTI was terrible the first time I saw it too. I am still a little disappointed with MFS though...they never told you what Gonzo's species is!!!
  5. Salmoto

Salmoto New Member

I think they told us more about Gonzo then we ever wanted to know. However, I did read in the henson.com's question of the week that Gonzo is supposed to be closely related to a Turkey. Hah.
  6. CaptCrouton

CaptCrouton New Member

Hey I remember Classic Theatre,

The most memorable part was that weasel looking creature in the Rumpelstiltsken episode singing, "Gotta get that name, gotta get that name!"

I love him in that. But I never got HIS name.

Markus