Muppet Collectible action figures

SesameKermie

Reaction score
I'm not talking about the new sets from Palisades. These were made back in the 70's and early 80's by Fisher-Price. They were the "classic" muppet show characters and they each had different features. They had these white sticks you could put in their back and work them like miniature rod puppets. Kermit, Fozzie and Rowlf could bow, Piggy was a finger puppet, etc.

Does anyone remember what I'm talking about and know where I could find them?

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I love these figures. Besides Kermit, Fozzie, Rowlf and Piggy, they also had Scooter, Gonzo and Animal, who had movable arms, legs and heads. I still have Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo and Animal from when I was a kid. However, I had to buy my Rowlf and Scooter from ebay. Individual figures usually go for two to three bucks on ebay. Hope this helps.

SesameKermie

Reaction score
old style muppet figures

Docnzhoss said:
I love these figures. Besides Kermit, Fozzie, Rowlf and Piggy, they also had Scooter, Gonzo and Animal, who had movable arms, legs and heads. I still have Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo and Animal from when I was a kid. However, I had to buy my Rowlf and Scooter from ebay. Individual figures usually go for two to three bucks on ebay. Hope this helps.
What keywords should I use? Also, was there a Dr. Teeth and the electric Mayhem set? I thought at one point there was a whole set with the band and Bunsen and Beaker and a few other more "obscure" characters.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
yea i know those i have the whole set from wheni was a kid my mom found them and bought them for me ( hmm my muppet contributor)

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
SesameKermie said:
What keywords should I use? Also, was there a Dr. Teeth and the electric Mayhem set? I thought at one point there was a whole set with the band and Bunsen and Beaker and a few other more "obscure" characters.

Hmmm. I have a Dr. Teeth figure but it's a PVC (no articulation whatsoever). He's sitting on a green stump and his legs are really long and it looks like he's wearing pink and blue tights. Underneath, he's labeled "Henson Associates, Inc. Made in USA" whereas the bowing Kermit reads "Ha, Inc. 1956, 1976, 1978 Hong Kong".

As far as I know (and based on what is listed in Muppet Central's Collectibles Guide), there is only the seven figures in the set (Kermit, Piggy, Scooter, Fozzie, Animal, Gonzo and Rowlf).

On ebay, the best thing to probably do would be to type in "Kermit figure" or "Fozzie figure", etc. and see if they come up. I have seen whole sets on sale, combinations and individuals. Good luck to you.