Muppet Convention Thread #2: Where Should it be Held?

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I say we do it...Borples is certainly welcome to mail it out but any one of us could print it and format it and mail it. Again though we need to decide who will handle the mail becuase this thing will need a return address.

Borples

Reaction score
Well, I'm glad the letter meets with approval! ... I think. Still not sure about it, myself. Anybody hear from Bandit this week? I'd like to get her take on it, because I have a feeling that she might have other ideas. Possibly better ones.

Somebody else should probably print the letter. I'd do it, but my printer is lousy. Wouldn't look very professional with white streaks running through the text. That's one thing we do need to be concerned with at this point. Professionalism. The letter needs to be formatted properly, for instance. I don't even know the correct format for a business letter anymore. Shouldn't be too hard to look up, though.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'll message Bandit and tell her to look at it, she was on tonight. And I would print it and mail it but I dont have a printer. :/

DannyRWW

Reaction score
. That's one thing we do need to be concerned with at this point. Professionalism. The letter needs to be formatted properly, for instance. I don't even know the correct format for a business letter anymore. Shouldn't be too hard to look up, though.
Agreed. We don't want to sound like a bunch of crazy Muppet fans who met on the internet and thought it would be good idea to put on a Jim Henson convention....... You know what scratch that last comment....yeah proffesionalism is what we need :smile:

DannyRWW

Reaction score
If no one else wants to do the mailing/recieving mail thing I will do it. The key there is if no one else wants to though. As a teacher I certainly would know how to format a letter. (or have access to books that would show me how :smile: )The problem is I will be out of town the last week of June and the first week of July and I think it would be better if the letter was responded in that time frame (or any other) that someone is available to get it up online so we can react ASAP. That being said if no one else wants to handle this I will. Other than those two weeks I'm usually around. But again if someone else wants that job that would probably be better. Either way we need to get this ball rolling and soon.

bandit

Reaction score
Hiya guys! Sorry I'm so late in the game here. I did get Pinky's message but couldn't actually get on here till today. It's CRAZY with the last two weeks of school and the packing since we have to gut the place for remodeling...But anyway...who cares?! Let's talk con.

Borples! I KNEW you'd do a great job! I think that letter looks fantastic. I especially like that you really drove home the issue that Muppets are becoming more relevant in the media again. I also like that you threw in some numbers (And will throw in some more numbers) to support this. People like facts they can sink their teeth into. But most importantly, I felt like your approach was friendly and open and honest. You stress this is a work in progress and want their input. Naw! I approve.

I kinda dropped the ball on my letter writing. I have scribbled some ideas on Sunday and so I had this sort of vague outline but you really covered everything I was going to say anyway so I say send IT! SEND IT!

Just make sure it's signed HensonCon Planning TEAM! Not Committee. Sorry Danny! I just think Committee sounds arrogant. Team has better spirit. ^_^

But again, great job Borples and thanks for taking the time to represent us all that way. You owned it!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well you know what they say "it takes a village" or in this case a bunch of muppet fans. Lol!