Muppet Convention Thread #2: Where Should it be Held?

Borples

Reaction score
Aw, shucks, guys. Y'all really just made my day. I needed the confidence boost. Glad I could be of help! Now, I really need a number for MuppetFest. Most of what I've read (over and over because it sounds like it was so awesome) are accounts of the event, but don't mention how many people were there. I guess my googling's gotta get more specific. Beaky suggested 'thousands,' which I will use if that's a fact. Were you there, Beaky? (be prepared for my crushing jealousy if you were!)

Thanks for volunteering to print, Bandit! Hey, are we agreed that we're sending this to the Chamber of Commerce? I can look up the address. Should we also send a copy to the mayor? Do mayors actually do anything?

Pinky, we are going to NEED an artist as this thing goes forward. Don't go anywhere!!

I think the web site is a great idea, but I wouldn't begin to know how go to about making one. "Technical Difficulties" is my middle name. My parents are weird, wocka wocka. If we need content written for a site, I'm happy to help, though.

*waves hand* I am NOT an early bird. Call me the exception. :smile: Well, I guess some days I am. But usually, if I can get away with sneaking back to bed for a couple of hours after my oldest goes to school and before the other two get up, I'll do it. And then I stay up until 2:00 in the morning. It's not good, really.

One last thing, somebody suggested us getting a chat room set up at some point. Anyone want to take that on?

bandit

Reaction score
Hmmmm. Anyway you can go straight to the source? People who put together conventions or any kimd of event usually keep numbers. Back at the library when I worked PR it was a pretty big deal. Im sure Muppetfest is the same.
Ill ask around about the site. I have some techy friends with the patience and know how to do it. :smile:

And my pleasure. You did the hard work, P! ( test driving P as your new Moniker, Borples!) This is the least I can do.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
You're a good sport, Danny! I like you. Heck, I like all of you!
I can do it. I can print a few of these suckes from work and send them to their respective locations. Once Borples plugs in that number and gives a go ahead, I'll do it.

As for website...ehhhh ill ask around. Its a good idea!
Go fo it...thanks for being the one to handle the mailing as I didn't want to be the one doing it for the reasons I stated earlier. Lets keep working at this everyone. We've really got the ball rolling.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Man you know what would be cool? Well first we need permission but if it works out itd be so cool if we all lived closer we could make a video together to promote it even more. Would reach more people that way! :big_grin: Ask bandit I'm a sucker for videos :stick_out_tongue:

bandit

Reaction score
We could do a video medley. Record them separately but then edit them together as you are SO good at doing. *coughcoughnudgenudge*

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I like that video idea.... getting a better hang of the video stuff myself here...I just put up my 92nd video blog :smile:.....This makes the website idea even more viable.... that being said I do have some very minimal experience with web developing. I think I can get us a free site if everyone would like...there are ads and the http adress would not be ideal, but may be a good place to start.....if we have the space we can then bounce idea off of what we want on a site (which at this point would not be much but we could at least get started and have a place to direct people who have ideas).

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well should we wait and see what kind of response the letter gets first? I mean I am just as excited and can't wait to put my creative talent to good use I just don't want us getting to ahead of ourselves ya know?