1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Convention Thread #2: Where Should it be Held?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Muppet fan 123, May 3, 2012.

1. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

If people go to the "What's New?" page like I do, they'll see it. You can post it wherever you want but most likely, the moderators will move it to the "Henson People" thread.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

That's fine as I said they can move it as they see fit. I just thought most people would see it in a "Muppets Thread" since the last post made in the Henson thread was Sunday. But thanks for the advice I appericate it. :)
  3. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I agree...it is funny sitting here and brianstorrming ideas and really not seeing eachother face to face...the irony is I've been really excited talking about this but not even sure of the practicallity of attending a convention in Mississippi should it happen...but i think the location should be what is best for the idea not for me personally. The trick is we have to stay on top of this and not let this little idea fade out. BTW...should we start a new thread or take conversation back to the old thread....either way she probably see if we can get the ones were not using locked so we can keep planning/conversation in one place
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  4. Pinkflower7783

Yeah well depending on if we can get permission to have it there. I'm pretty good on the creative side so I can definitely help in that field if needed. I'm gonna try and ask someone I know outside the forum to help write a letter as well. I figure get as much input as possible.

I'm okay with just keeping the conversation here...she can lock the ones as she sees fit.
    DannyRWW likes this.
  5. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Leland, Missippi. That's where we should have it. :)
  6. DannyRWW

This is true...we need input from wherever we can get it
  7. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Sorry I wasn't here for a while guys...
    Did anyone send emails or letters to Sesame Workshop, Henson or Disney? I'll send one to S.W. if you'd like. I'll also try to work on Henson. I suggest everyone else do the same, I think if they get a few requests for it, it may increase our chances.
  8. Pinkflower7783

That's a good idea...I'll work on getting letters written to Disney and Henson as well. That's actually not a bad idea the more letters people write the more we might get this off the ground.
  9. DannyRWW

Go for it...though I think we should wait to see what the city if Greenville says first (Just my opinion though)...though I suppose it wouldn't hurt to send letters to any of these groups to see what their thoughts on this convention idea would be without really making a formal request. I also think we should write letters rather than e-mails at first as letter are usually taken a little more seriously as a little more thought and time goes into sending one..any other thoughts on this.... wow I'm rambling on a lot lately.. I hope I'm not coming off as too pushy.... I just think we really are pushing this and I want to see it happen...I'm maybe over anallyzing a bit sorry
  10. Pinkflower7783

Well if we don't push then we might get anywhere...I mean I think we sorta need to be aggressive as well. We don't want people thinking it's some kind of joke you know? But yeah maybe we should find a place that's gonna let us hold it first and then go from there? I don't know how to go about doing this at all so whatever you guys decide I'm fine with.
  11. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

I think I'm going to have to pass on the letter writing to someone else on here. When ever I look at it my mind goes completely blank. Sorry!
  12. DannyRWW

its okay.... maybe we should all attempt to write a letter post it here and then one of us can put the ideas into one coherent letter.....not sure of the idea of all of us writing letters... at least at first...I think it needs to come from a comitee as it will sound more official...perhaps then we could send some individual letters to show support for this idea.
  13. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

Whoa!!!!!!!! Man! I just read the 7 pages on the last thread and the 6 on this and... man! You guys are amazing! Just, thank you for taking my idea to the next level! MuppetFest was awesome and to just think of the possibilities for a new one, is just fantastic.

To kind of begin responding, while I think Muppets should be the biggest part, I agree with Pinkflower that it should have diversity with other such fandoms as Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Dinosaurs, the Storyteller, Panwapa, Stuffed and Unstrung, anything!

I, too, agree Greenville is the best place for something like this, something that really honors Henson. Plus, it's really close to my home. We should definitely talk to the Greenville Chamber of Commerce first and then go on to guests.

Guests like Frank Oz, Bill Barretta, Dave Goelz, Kevin Clash, and Steve Whitmire would be my biggest choices, but they, at least at this point, would be somewhat implausible. Realistic choices would be Paul Williams (as... someone on here said), John Tartaglia, Noel MacNeal, Tyler Bunch, Victor Yerrid, Drew Massey, Louis Henry Mitchell and some other minor Sesame Street workers... possibly Matt Vogel, David Rudman, Peter Linz, maybe. Heck, Joey Mazzarino could be accomplished. And we could also easily get Amy Mebberson and the Muppet comic books writers and artists.

Speaking of Muppet comic books, for merchandise sellers, I would love for there to be a huge presence of Muppet comic books (i.e. The Muppet Show Comic Book, Fraggle Rock, The Tale of Sand) being sold and signed by aforementioned writers and artists. We should also have Sesame Street toys being sold, some of those new Muppet storybooks, and maybe some former Palisades Muppet action figure workers and designers could be there too.

I may be getting a little bit to unrealistic. But this is just my opinions.

For dates, Jim Henson's birthday, Jim Henson's death, and/or the time the next new Muppet movie comes movin' right along are all great dates. I greatly favor the latter due to, if we have enough connections, we could possibly have that sneak peek of the movie we so desperately would want.

I don't have much else to say except for that I love these great ideas your making! Keep on and MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!
  14. DannyRWW

Thanks for the input and kick starting this idea. You know I say don't worry about being unrealistic... I figure we invite anyone and everyone we can think of and whoever says yes says yes...and you mentioned some great ideas that I would never have even thought of. The trick is to just keep this moving and get everyone on board that we can. It takes a village to run a Henson Convention. We just got to keep moving forward with this yet take it one step at a time...so obvioulsy were working on the contacting Greenville part....worst case scenario they say no....best cae they want to be involved in this....I'm thinking it will be in the middle where they don't mind us having it there, but will have very little involvement.
  15. Pinkflower7783

Should I start playing "You can't take no for an answer?" :p
  16. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Pinky ! You're all in letter writing mode these days. Compose a masterpiece to garner support for our cause. *nudges*
    Muppet fan 123 and panmanthe2nd like this.
  17. Pinkflower7783

Lol! I am not a professional letter writer!
  18. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

I'd love to see a table at the convention selling Cookie Monster cookies, Big Bird seeds and other themed foods!
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  19. Pinkflower7783

Kermit's it not easy being green cupcakes? I dont know sounds like it would work. :p
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  20. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

All we need is a solid pitch. Here's the format you can follow in abridged form...ahem.......
    "Hi! This is who I am. This is my idea. This is how and why it can work. This is where your input would be appreciate it. This is where we acknowledge that we've taken up your time. This is where we appreciate it again. This is where we bring it all to an eloquent close." And if that doesn't work, you send another...

"Hi! This is where I remind you who we are. This is where we remind of you of our cause. This is where we point out how many thousands of muppet fans there are. This is where we point out how CRAZED we can all be. This is where we reference medieval torture devices, killer chickens and dynamite. This is where we make our demands again. This is where we close with 'Thank you' and 'Or Else.'"

It's a snap! We just have to be sure not to end this whole plan with "This is where we get arrested."