Muppet Cookies Coming To Starbucks

Luke

Reaction score
I was posting to a guy who went to the Henson booth of the licensing show in NY at the Palisades forum and he mentioned some info :-

- Benussen, Deutsch, & Asssociates are the people making the Muppet finger puppets.

- Monaco Baking are going to be making Muppet Cookies exclusively for sale at Starbucks.

- At the show Henson have a lifesize baby crib type thing displaying the new Muppet Babies plushes. Photos are coming soon.

It seems the major thing Henson have going for 2003/2004 is the Muppet Babies projects (Yay ! - does that sound convincing?), not much seems to have been mentioned about new shows or movies.

King Prawn

Reaction score
adding to what Luke said

He also mentioned that the plushes in the crib were Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Piggy &.....

Scooter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

&

SKEETER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luke

Reaction score
Oh yeah and adding to that even further - something left off of the Henson press releases is that Toy Play are also going to be making 'Muppet Babies' Figurines (PVC's i guess) so it maybe explains why they were excluded from Palisades license.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
And adding to that even FURTHER is, did you know "Jim Henson's Muppet Babies" was a show on CBS Television that aired on Saturday mornings from 1984-1992?

Well, DID YOU?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Althought nothing has been announced in terms of new Muppet TV/movie projects the latest scuttlebutt is that A LOT of things are potentially in the works, but still at the discussion stage so I guess no one wants to start talking about things that might not be (yet).

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Buck-Beaver
Althought nothing has been announced in terms of new Muppet TV/movie projects the latest scuttlebutt is that A LOT of things are potentially in the works, but still at the discussion stage so I guess no one wants to start talking about things that might not be (yet).
Yeah it's well known that they have a lot of new projects possibly coming up but very dissapointing that they must be so far off or uncertain that Henson's only real push at the licensing show was for the 'Muppet Babies'. Usually they'd be naming production projects in development but it seems they aren't which gives the unfortunate impression they are promoting a nostalgia brand rather than a current one.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd hate to say it, but there is still a gold mine in a Muppet Baby animated show as long as they can make it relevant to modern kids. I just hope it never happens. :sympathy:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I'd hate to say it, but there is still a gold mine in a Muppet Baby animated show as long as they can make it relevant to modern kids. I just hope it never happens. :sympathy:
You mean doing a new animated show ? Yeah i agree - i think it's a certainty that something is happening rather than just re-runs. It takes a lot to get that many licensee's willing to buy into the product and put up the money for mass TV ad campaigns. If it's just for some 20 year old cartoon why bother ? It's well known that you need to saturate the market to keep pre-schoolers attention and they seem to want to focus the next two years on this so i'd expect them to be putting a new show out there in a contemorary style. Maybe they'll make some money but not so sure about a gold mine - there are probably other things coming out that will get more attention.

Maybe it's Henson's idea of a rejuventating process - once these kids have grown up in 5-10 years they'll get into the real puppets and they'll have a bigger fanbase ! LOL !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think that since Henson has completely lost Sesame Street, I think they are trying to bring the focus to properties they own in full. That's why the Muppet Show characters have had a licensing burst. This happened even under EMTV. I just wish Henson would focus on Fraggle Rock. :smirk:

King Prawn

Reaction score
Wanna here a scary story?

One day I was surfing the net, it was dark & cold and the rain hadn't stoped for six days, suddenly the whole room went dark, the power was out but for some strange reason my computer still stayed on, I though to myself "this is strange" but decided that since i had nothing better to do I might as well take advantage of this miricale which would soon turn from My miracle to my ****.

I went into the MC website and on the front page I read something that will haunt be forever, should i type it or should i not, i warn you if you're pregant or elderly don't read the following...

Henson announces the first ever feature length animated Muppet Movie, Muppet Babies: Wild Imaginations

:cry:

I hope that never comes true... well the Muppet Baby Movie part though.

In all seriouseness if any new Muppet Baby revival doesn't affect The Muppets then i'm okay with it, why not? more Muppets out there is better than some Muppets out there.

Lets just hope they don't announce a new TV series Muppet Teen's

Gonzo used to be teased about his long nose but now it's worse than ever he's got pimples.

Will Piggy ever get out of her Black phase in life and stop wearing all black.

Scooter battles with the thought of being a vergin all his life

Will the Answer to why Animal is so crazy be answered in a way we'd never expect.

And who's the new jock who's just moved in from the swamp and can't seem to fit in... at least for now

I'm soooooooooooooooo board