Muppet drum kit: what's it worth and how to sell it?

Sara Goldstein

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm hoping you might be able to help me work out how to sell a very unusual Muppets collectible.

I own a "The Muppet Sound" trap drum kit that I was given as a child. It's a working drum kit made from metal (with paper skins), quite like a real drum kit except that it's child-sized and has the Muppets on it.

It's been a treasured possession for many years, but I'm about to move overseas and can't take it with me, so I'm looking for a good home for it.

You can see a picture of my Muppet drum kit here; condition-wise, it's in great shape for a child's toy that's almost 30 years old... but a lot of the plating has come off the metal, and it has some extra 'artwork' I added with a texta when I was a kid. (Sorry!)

I've never sold anything like this before and haven't been able to find anything similar for sale online, so I'm not sure how to sell it or roughly how much it might be worth.

If anyone could share some tips, please do!

supaht

Reaction score
muppet drum set

hey sarah-

i had one of these drumsets as a kid and would love to buy this one from you. is it still for sale?

thanks-
traci :halo:

Sara Goldstein

Reaction score
Sorry Traci, the drumkit is long gone!

Luckily we were able to find a good home for it before we moved overseas though: we gave it to a friend's children, who absolutely love it to bits.

We're thrilled to see another generation getting to enjoy such an unusual toy! :smile:

LHC2012

Reaction score
muppet drum set

hey sarah-

i had one of these drumsets as a kid and would love to buy this one from you. is it still for sale?

thanks-

I have one but I have no idea of the value. Sarah, any tips?
traci :halo:

LHC2012

Reaction score
This is the second time I've screwed up the format of this thread! I'm sorry!

I have a drum set but I don't know the value. Sarah, any tips? Thanks :smile:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
This thread is from 2008 so I really doubt this person is going to respond to you.

I will say maybe look around on ebay and see how much the going price is or post in the for sale section and see what people offer. People here are usually honest about pricing

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I think someone was actually looking for one of these in the past week or so on the sale/wanted section

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
There was one on e-Bay just within the last week or two. It was listed for $75. It didn't receive any bids.

muppetdrummer12

Reaction score
Hi There,

I am looking or a drum set that is in decent to perfect condition and that has all of the components to it or most of them. For a complete set I have done my research and know the competitive prices for the condition of the eqiupment. I am looking for a set for my husbands birthday. If anyone has one please contact me chix3@hotmail.com

Thank you!

This is the second time I've screwed up the format of this thread! I'm sorry!

I have a drum set but I don't know the value. Sarah, any tips? Thanks :smile: