Muppet fabric question

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm currently modifying all my Master Replica posers with the aim of making them as close to the actual ones as possible.

I'm starting with Kermit and would like to replace his Tongue with the correct felt version.

Does anyone know the type of felt to use (up until today I assumed there was just one type!) and any color reference?

My aim is to make these as accurate as possible so any help is appreciated! Next up is Animals Tongue so any info there would be great too!

Thanks all and best wishes for the New Year!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
On animals tongue, I sculpted a whole new one. I made it a bit smaller than the original since it was way too big for his mouth. It took me two tries but finally got the best results. I have been carving a for a long time now. Then I died his tongue in RIT die and let it dry over night or until it is fully dry. I tore out the original tongue, BUT CAREFULLY so you don't tear the fabric of the mouth. You can glue it if you want to. I didn't so when I close his mouth, it almost fully closes. Here are the results. I want to do Gonzo's nose someday, I just don't have the right foam and it is hard to find. :halo:

Say awwww...........

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Thanks Muppetcaper, your Animal tongue looks mint! ! ! Thats certainly more like what I'm aiming for (although I suspect I'm probably lacking the necessary skills:sympathy:)

rickly

Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm currently modifying all my Master Replica posers with the aim of making them as close to the actual ones as possible.

I'm starting with Kermit and would like to replace his Tongue with the correct felt version.
Kermit's tongue is not felt. It is pink microsuede (or supersuede, or whatever they call it). Many of the Muppets' tongues are, including Gonzo. Good luck finding the right bright pink color - I have not seen it in years.

What's in the poser is closer to the real thing than felt is.

Rick