Muppet Fairytales / Muppet Classic Theater

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I revisited this special not long ago, and thought the script was a lot better than I remembered. The dialogue sounded very Jerry Juhl, so much so that I was convinced he'd written it. I took a look and, as it turns out, he didn't. It was Jim Lewis & some others.

Also the songs, at least those in the first half, were better than I remember them (despite the instrumental backing obviously coming from a run-of-the-mill synthesizer)- no small wonder, they were by Phil Balsam & Dennis Lee from "Fraggle Rock".

It's pretty easy to see which elements were from their stalwarts and which were by newcomers. The sets and score were by newcomers, and didn't look or sound anything like the usual Muppet production (probably a result of that budget dickering).

Still, the script was surprisingly good and the humor was layered, with inside jokes aimed at the grown-ups (though not innuendos). The question that remains is, what happened since then to take the writing so far down?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
I revisited this special not long ago, and thought the script was a lot better than I remembered. The dialogue sounded very Jerry Juhl, so much so that I was convinced he'd written it. I took a look and, as it turns out, he didn't. It was Jim Lewis & some others.

Also the songs, at least those in the first half, were better than I remember them (despite the instrumental backing obviously coming from a run-of-the-mill synthesizer)- no small wonder, they were by Phil Balsam & Dennis Lee from "Fraggle Rock".

It's pretty easy to see which elements were from their stalwarts and which were by newcomers. The sets and score were by newcomers, and didn't look or sound anything like the usual Muppet production (probably a result of that budget dickering).

Still, the script was surprisingly good and the humor was layered, with inside jokes aimed at the grown-ups (though not innuendos). The question that remains is, what happened since then to take the writing so far down?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
Agreed, Gorgon Heap.

BJ

muppet baby

Reaction score
Yes the scrip was so great loved and it different with the sets of course but there was another fearie tale series that had the sets done the same way and turned out wonderful .

i love the muppets like this doing fearie tales .
i wish that they would do a dvd realease and then also do a muppet classic theatre 2 with some more great fearie tales .:smile: